Jump

"It's okay Bella. Wicked is good." A voice echoed in my head. I saw flashes of lights, the box going up into the maze, a face.. A face I couldn't recognize. Everything was flashing in my mind, loud noises dispersed from every which way..

I violently awoke, my body shuddering. I gasped for air quickly, feeling like I couldn't breathe.

I feel like I was in a different world. But I wasn't. I was still stuck in the maze, with Newt by my side. "Are you okay?" Newt asked me alarmingly. "Yeah.. Just a weird dream." He raised an eyebrow, shrugging it off.

It was still dark, which meant I hadn't been sleeping for long. I just wanted to get out of here. And sleep without fearing for my life.

I kept thinking about the weird sequences in my head, when I heard nearby shrieking. "Oh, no," Newt's eyes widened. The ground shook slightly, as more footsteps drew nearer. "Newt, we have to go." I quickly stood up, bringing up Newt with me. I wrapped his arm around my neck. "Do you think you could run?" I asked. "I'll try." "Don't work yourself too hard."

We began fast walking down the dead end corridor. Once we reached the end, I looked around the corner, and there was a griever down to the left. It's ugly head turned towards our direction, and I slammed Newt and I against the wall. "I think it saw us." My breath hitched in my throat. And apparently it did, because the shrieking became so loud, and the footsteps were so loud.

I decided to make a run for it. I pulled Newt close to me, as tight as I could, so I could get both of us going. "Come on!" I screamed.

The griever was not far behind us, doing its screeching and crying. I whipped around every corner I could, looking back from time to time. Newt yelled in my ear, "Don't look back!"

One of the grievers claws raised into the air, ready to strike us. Before it could, I darted to the other side, trying to confuse it. Newt was lacking in strength, but I wasn't going to let him go. The sky began to lighten up, which meant daylight. Which also meant the doors were opening. But, how could we get back without leading the griever to the glade. I was scared. We were already dead.

On some of the walls, there were vines, that we could possibly climb up. "Newt! Do you think you can climb?!" I yelled, still whipping around corners. "I can try!"

For a few seconds, we lost the griever around a corner, and I let go of Newt to let him climb with me. We climbed furiously fast, and I could hear the griever coming. We eventually reached the top, but unfortunately, the griever noticed us. There was no other way out of this one. But I did have one idea.

When I looked down, one of the maze doors to the right was closing, and the maze entrance was to the left. If we somehow got down there, we would be safe until the maze doors opened.

There was only one way.

"Newt, we're going to have to jump." "What?!" He yelled.

"If we jump and hide down there until the door opens, the griever won't come to get us. That door to the left," I pointed, "just closed. We'll be safe. But we need to jump. There's no door."

Newt shook his head. "I..I can't." "Yes, you can. I believe we can do it. I'm scared. Just as scared as you. The griever is about to climb up that wall, we need to do this. Now."

I took Newt's hand in mine. He had tears welling in his eyes. I felt like he knew he was going to die. Maybe we were, but I wasn't about to let some griever kill me.

"On the count of three, okay?" I shouted.

"One."

"Two.

"Three."

Newt and I's feet left the hard rock of the top of the wall, and we jumped.

-

Hey guys! I just rewatched tmr, and I realized how excited I am for The Scorch Trials. After rewatching the first movie, it made me wanna update, so here you go. ;)