Chapter 6 The Road Trip

Luna POV:

For the past month, Klaus, Stefan and I have been driving almost nonstop. Occasionally we'd stop at luxury hotels, and leads to werewolves, but I never went into the houses with them. We'd stop for gas 1-2 times a day to get gas and snacks (human snacks and vampire snacks), and we'd stop at fast food restaurants for me.

"Luna I need you to accompany me for a few minutes. Pretend to be my daughter for a few minutes." Klaus stated.

"What?" I asked quickly, but I was vamp sped out of the car behind a woman calling out a name.

"Rudy! Rudy! Come on it's to hot to make me come looking for you!" The women yelled. She turned around and jumped when she saw us.

"Sorry, we didn't mean to startle you. We were just wondering if we could use your phone.Our truck broke down a couple miles back, it feels like we've been walking for hours."Klaus told her hopefully in a terrible American accent, I had to hold in my laugh.

"Don't you guys have cell phones?" The girl asked sceptically?Klaus held his phone up.

"Dead." He said sheepishly. The girl then looked to me.

"I'm not allowed one, I broke my last one." I said.

"Look I promise we aren't serial killers we just want to use the phone."Klaus confirmed. The girl sighed.

"Ok fine." The girl motion for us to follow her so we did.

"So, can we come in?" Klaus drawled.

"No I'll bring the phone out to you guys." She stated matter of factly. Klaus smile dropped and he returned to his natural accent.

"I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting." Klaus growled.

"I'm from Florida." The girl rolled her eyes.

"Well, that explains it now show us a little southern hospitality sweetheart and let us in."Klaus compelled the girl while holding her by her throat. She nodded and invited us in. I looked at Klaus, silently asking if I can go back to the car. He looked at me for a second and held up his index finger.

"Not quite yet Luna, come along." Klaus motioned for me to come inside to which I slowly came in the house and followed Klaus.

" I bet you $100 that that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning" a tall brunette female laughed. She turned around to see Klaus with his hand on her friends throat and me standing behind them.

"What's going on?" The brunette asked.

"Don't be alarmed. I'm told a Ray Sutton lives here?" Klaus stated as a question.

"He's almost never here." The tall female assured.

"But I assume he makes it home at least once a month hmm?" Klaus taunted. The females face dropped and she started to run to the back door completely abandoning her friends, but she screamed when she opened the door to see Stefan standing there.

"Oh I love it when the run." Klaus laughed

"He's at a bar near Tully." The woman answered quickly.

"Thank you, Stefan kill that one quickly make this one suffer." Klaus whispered in the girls ear making my heart sink the the bottom of my chest.

"We'll be in the car." Klaus yelled back while grabbing my wrist. We walked outside Klaus still pulling me by my wrist.

"They told you what you wanted to know why are you killing them." I asked sadly. Klaus stopped walking and looked me in the eyes.