16

I don't know how some of you will feel about this chapter, but just roll with it. I swear it's nothing bad.

**

"Let's go to target." Camila says as she walks into the room. You look up, surprised to see her out of her pyjamas and dressed in a pair of blue jeans and pink shirt.

"It's midnight." You point out, locking your phone and letting it fall to your lap.

Camila nods as she shuffles in place, "So? Can we go? Please?"

You sigh lightly as you stand up and grab your keys from the coffee table, "Come on then crazy lady." You joke, grabbing your jacket and pulling open the front door.

Camila grins as she scurries out of the house, and you roll your eyes as you follow making sure to lock up behind you. She disappears to her car for a second before making a reappearance, a remote in her hands. You figure it's for the gate, so say nothing and head over to your car to unlock it.

Camila immediately pulls open the passenger door and slips inside, and you follow seconds later, putting the keys into the ignition and reaching for your seatbelt. After making sure she was buckled too, you start the car and reverse out of the space in Camila's driveway you had basically claimed as your own.

"So why the sudden want to go to target?" You question as the gate in front of you slowly swings open, pressing your foot down on the gas to ease the car forward.

From your peripheral vision you see her glance your way, "I just wanted to go somewhere with you, and nothings more deserted than target at midnight."

You nod with a smile, "Okay you cutie. Let's go have a midnight adventure." You offer your right hand out to her.

She giggles as she takes it, and you drive the rest of the way in a comfortable silence. By time you get there and find a parking space, it was now twelve thirty, and you stifle back a yawn as you unbuckle yourself and climb out of the car. Camila joins you moments later, and you send a smile her way as you lock the vehicle and slip on your jacket.

"Let's go my love." You offer out your arm, not wanting to pressure her into taking your hand when she may not be comfortable with that sort of affection in public.

She smiles softly at the gesture, hooking her arm through your own and allowing herself to be guided through the large sliding doors. Your eyes squint at the sheer brightness as you begin to walk down the first aisle, and you couldn't help but laugh slightly when Camila pulls herself out of your grip and skips ahead.

She was such a child.

"Y/n? I'm gonna go get candy!" She calls before beginning to run. With how clumsy she was, it was no surprise when she trips over her own feet and falls face first onto the floor. She slides a little before stopping, a dumbfounded look on her face.

Your eyes widen as you rush forward to see if she was hurt, "My god Camila, be careful." You go to kneel next to her, but stop in your tracks when she grins at you before scrambling back to her feet and running ahead again.

You roll your eyes as you follow her, rounding the corner to the next aisle and seeing her stood in front of the large amount of candy. You stop next to her and nudge her with your hip, "What are you gonna get?"

"All of it."

You laugh, not doubting her for a second, "Okay, maybe just stick with a few different ones for now. If you want more you can come back another time."

She sighs and nods, reaching forward to grab a bag of sour patch kids and a box of milk duds.

"Can you hold these?" She asks, holding them out with a cute smile on her face.