Part 1

You met him for the first time when you were three. You can't remember much from that time in your life, but meeting Camilo was a vivid memory that would stay with you forever. His sister Dolores was babysitting you and your best friend Mirabel, and you were running around Casita happily. He came out of the nursery, and you ran right into him. You stumbled and fell backwards, all the way down the stairs. Luckily, Casita was able to bring a cushion to the bottom of the stairs so that you didn't crack your head open. Mirabel and Camilo both ran after you, with Dolores close behind. Camilo got to you first, and helped you up. "Are you okay?!" He asked worriedly in that cute toddler accent he had back then. "Are you hurt? I'll get Tia Julieta. Tia!" He ran off after his aunt, leaving you with Mirabel and Dolores. "Who was that?" You asked in your own toddler accent. "That's my cousin Camilo." Mirabel told you. You stared after him, wishing he would stay. Of course, at that time, he was just a boy who was nice to you. You didn't have a crush on him until later.

Another vivid memory you have of Camilo is when you were almost five. He is a few months older than you, and it was the day before his fifth birthday, when he would get a gift. You were playing in the town and he ran up to you, breathless. "I...wanted...to...ask you...if...you...could come...to my...gift...ceremony." He panted. You laughed. "Camilo! The whole village goes to the gift ceremony. You don't have to personally invite me!" Camilo scratched the back of his neck. "Oh. Right. I knew that." He blushed, and you laughed again. The next day, you put on your best dress to go to his gift ceremony. It had a ruffly blue and yellow top, and a simple blue skirt the tickled your ankles. You had on your favorite yellow shoes, and your hair was dutch braided. At the ceremony, you were at the very front, closest to the red path he would take to his door. You watched him as he nervously walked, all alone. When he saw you, he smiled, and you gave him two thumbs up. He walked the rest of the way to his door, touched Abuela's candle, and turned the doorknob. Almost immediately, he shape-shifted. First, he turned into you, then Abuela, then Pepa, Mirabel, Felix, Dolores, and a bunch of other people. But, the thing you like most about this memory is that he turned into you first. Not anyone else, but you. That means that you were the first person on his mind. Of all the people he could be thinking about, he thought of you. You're not sure, but you think that that was the moment you started liking him. You know five is pretty young to have feelings like that, but from then on you had a crush on Camilo Madrigal.

You were thirteen when things started to happen between the two of you. Before then, you were really shy and awkward around him, and he was cute, calm, and collected. Your clumsiness acted up around him, too. Talk about unlucky. Anyways, it was a cold November night, and you had just come from the annual Madrigal fall festival. You and your parents were walking home, when you heard what sounded like crying from a small forest nearby. "I'll catch up with you later, Mami, Papi." You told them and then walked into the woods. After a few minutes, you came across a clearing where Camilo was on his knees, crying. "Camilo? Are you okay?" You asked nervously, unsure of what he needed from you at the moment. "Y/N," Camilo looked up, wiping his eyes, "I'm fine, don't worry about it." You walked towards him. "You are obviously not fine." You told him, and he dissolved into tears once more. "Hey, it's okay." You told him, sitting on the ground and putting his head on your lap. "Everything is gonna be okay." You stroked his hair and let him cry for a few minutes.

Author's Note:

Hey y'all! I have a newfound obsession with Encanto, and my favorite characters are Dolores and Camilo. I have been reading a lot of Camilo x reader fan fictions (mostly because I would totally date him if he were a real person) and I had an idea for my own. I hope y'all enjoyed this first part. I don't have an update schedule, and school starts back the day after tomorrow, so I don't know how often I'll be updating. Sorry if this chapter was a little short, I promise most of them will be longer. Y'all should know, it discourages me from writing when I don't feel like I have an audience, so please please please vote and comment so that I feel like someone is reading. Thanks for reading! :)