Part 8

The next day, you went over to Casita to hang out with Mirabel. She met you at the front door and squealed. "You have a boyfriend!" She said in a singsong voice as she danced in a circle around you. You shot a glance at Dolores. "That was my news to tell." She shrugged apologetically. "Sorry. I couldn't resist." You sighed. "It's okay." Mirabel was still happy dancing. "You two are gonna get married, we're gonna be cousin-in-laws!" She sang. You laughed. "Slow down, Mira. We've been on one date." She stopped in front of you and grabbed your hands. "But stilllll!" She said, pulling you into the house. "Okay, okay," You conceded, giggling,"but keep it quiet. Mis padres don't even know we're together yet." She put a finger to her lips, still smiling. "Don't worry. I'll keep it hush hush." She laughed again. 

After you'd been hanging out with Mirabel for a few hours, you saw Camilo come out of the kitchen. "Hey, Camilo!" You yelled, feeling so giddy that you slid down the banister to meet him at the bottom of the stairs. "Hola Bonita." He laughed as you landed in front of him. "Shh." You hushed him. "I wanna tell my parents about us before your whole family knows." He nodded. "Okay, when do you want to tell them?" You tapped your chin. "How about tonight?" You suggested. "We could have you over for dinner!" He nodded. "Great idea. See you then." You nodded and Casita's stairway became an escalator to bring you back upstairs to Mirabel.

That night, you busied yourself with getting ready for dinner. When you had gotten home, you'd asked your mother if it was okay to have a friend over. She had asked you which friend, and you had replied, "Um, Camilo Madrigal." You must have been blushing, because ever since then she had treated that night as super important and special. You had a feeling the news wouldn't come as that much of a shock to her. Your father, on the other hand, you weren't sure about. You weren't even sure that he was okay with you having a boyfriend. A few times he had mentioned not letting you date until you were eighteen, but you weren't sure if that had been a joke or if he was serious.

By the time Camilo knocked on the door, there was a tablecloth and nice (ish) plates on the table, and you were barefoot in your favorite dress. Dinner started pretty well, and halfway through you decided that it was time to tell them. "Mami, Papi, Camilo and I are boyfriend and girlfriend." My mother smiled and my father dropped his fork. Overall, I think they took it pretty well. Of course, from that moment on the dinner was more of an interrogation than a light conversation, your parents grilling Camilo about himself. They knew the Madrigals in general, and they definitely knew of Camilo, but until that day they hadn't really known Camilo personally. By the end of dinner, your parents were satisfied with Camilo.

The day after that, you and Camilo decided to tell his family. The Madrigals were a bit harder to gather in one place than your parents, but you managed it. Camilo held your hand when they had all gathered for dinner and announced, "Y/N and I are together." Abuela had a shocked face for just a moment before she replaced it with a wide smile. Julieta, of course, was beaming, while Augustin held on to her arm. Mirabel twirled gleefully while Luisa stared and Isabella had an 'I couldn't care less' face. Pepa and Felix were happily surprised, while Antonio asked his mother what his brother meant by 'together'. Dolores, who had heard exactly what you and Camilo were planning, had a pleasant smile. You were happy that both yours and Camilo's families had taken the news well.

Author's Note:

Hey y'all! I hope you liked the latest chapter! This might not have been my longest chapter, but it was plenty long, right? I feel like I am spoiling y'all with all of these chapters in one day. Don't get used to it, school starts again tomorrow. Please comment! Thanks for reading! :)