Chapter Two

Currently, I'm fiddling around with all the new gadgets and gizmos that I was given. When I entered the home I am in, Amanda's home, it was all I could do not to just collapse on the spot from the insane sensory overload. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined things like this, but apparently they are part of normal life now.

After learning about the Sleeping Girl, or rather, lack thereof, Amanda, Carmela, Mike, and I went to headquarters. I met all the people in our society. Our numbers have increased rather dramatically, if I do say so myself. Five hundred years ago, there were fifteen of us. Now there's roughly fifty scattered around the world. In this immediate area, community, place, there are eleven members, including myself. All of us lived in one small isolated community. We moved around from place to place depending on where the most dark magical creatures were, nomads of sort. Of course it was hard, especially when we had to move the Sleeping Girl with us, but it was what we had to do, and it worked.

Apparently nowadays there is new technology that allows people to communicate with each from hundreds, thousands, millions of miles away. I could be just sitting here, and be talking with ease to someone an ocean away from me. I still do not believe it, cannot believe it, but the evidence is in front of me so I guess I'd better. After all, this is just the beginning of the number of changes that took place while I was unconscious.

Anyways, of those of us living here, Amanda is the leader, of course. She is aged forty eight. I'm told that people live for far longer than they did before I slept. I am incredulous that she can be so old and look so... not that old, but such is the way of things now.

Amanda's husband Dan is second in command. I am told that he is stronger with the brute force and fighting, and more in charge of that than the strategy and knowing where we should be. That's Amanda's job. Dan oversees weapons for fighting dark creatures. He also handles matters when Amanda cannot. Before, we just had a leader, a three person council including the leader, and the other twelve of us. Now there ten person council including Amanda and Dan, and the positions of the aforementioned.

The other council members that live here, in so called Oregon, are Jackson and Aaron. The other six council members are in Britain, China, Africa, and the other side of this new continent. I am told that there are five main divisions of society, each groups of about twelve people.

Aaron is forty three. His wife is Charlotte, who is forty. Charlotte and Aaron are the parents of Carmela, or as I am told she sometimes goes by, Carmi, and Mike. Carmela and Mike are sixteen years old, my age. Or the age my body is, anyhow.

The only other child member in Oregon is Evania. Evania is Amanda and Dan's daughter. She is nine, but going off what the others are saying, she is quite mature for her age. I suppose that living with the burden of society would do that to a person. It certainly did that to me. I was all grown up after one fateful day when I was ten years old.

The last two members of our society, which are also our magical members in Oregon, are Ember and Richard. Ember is a fire faery, which I find cool. The only faeries I have seen before her are dark faeries, and one ice faery. Ember can give off heat, and control flames.

Richard is a sorcerer. He is of medium skill, more powerful than some but not radiating magic. He can do powerful spells with objects and potions, though. Sorcerers are the best at counter parting bad magic from witches. He tells me that he can reverse spells they cast. I remember our sorcerer five hundred years ago once turned a prince back into a prince from a frog. Apparently that prince was the only heir, and already betrothed, but his bride to be refused to lock lips with an amphibian. I giggle, remembering seeing that princess. I was only five at the time, and found the whole mess to be hysterical.