End Purpose: Chapter Fourty-One

Preparation is much needed. Especially if it's a big occasion. Trust in your talent. It will give you the purpose of your ambition.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji were polishing their swords just outside of the Gentian House.

"Hey Lan Zhan, it's been a week since they've left. It's really awkward now that I don't usually roam around anymore."

"It's still the same."

"Of course for you."

Wei Wuxian laughed as he finished polishing Suibian. He stood up and swung the sword around.

"Madam Lan isn't here right now. Probably still trying to poison that one elder but! Wanna go to Caiyi?"

Lan Wangji stared at Wei Wuxian for a momment before softly smiling and placing Bichen back into it's sheathe. He stood up and took Wei Wuxian by his hand.

"What Wei Ying wants."

"Oh hush."

Wei Wuxian placed Suibian back into it's sheathe.

"Let's go!"

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji ran, of course with Lan Wangji scolding Wei Wuxian not to run.

They were now walking around Caiyi, Wei Wuxian was playing with a toy rattle drum he nearly stole but thank God Lan Wangji always brought money.

"What do you think we should do now? Since we can't kill anything here other than corpses or monsters, it's really boring."

"Whatever Wei Ying wants to do."

"You always want to do what I want to do! Are you trying to become me?"

"No."

"Then... How about we do what you want to do!"

"What I want?"

"Well we never really did what you want! You always follow my suggestions so I feel kinda guilty dragging you where I want to go."

"What Wei Ying wants is what I want."

Wei Wuxian flicked Lan Wangjis' forehead.

"I said I want to do what you want."

Lan Wangji stared at him with an empty look.

"Don't tell me you don't have anything you want to do!"

Lan Wangji remained staring at him.

"Oh My God. Lan Zhan! How could you not have any bucket lists?"

Wei Wuxian pinched his cheeks.

"I know you have a set life but you've got to have something you want to do!"

Lan Wangji looked away.

"I do."

Wei Wuxian tilted his head.

"What is it?"

Lan Wangji mumbled. Wei Wuxian knew he was shy, by the fact he could hear his heartbeat and well, his ears were red.

"What do you want to do, Lan Zhan?"

"Boat... With you..."

"Sorry I couldn't hear you."

Wei Wuxian leaned in, their cheeks brushing against each other.

"I want to ride on a boat... With you..."

Wei Wuxian was speechless but his heart said otherwise. A bright smile painted on Wei Wuxians' face as he clung on Lan Wangji, quivering.

"Hahahaha! That's so cute!"