Snippets of childhood

After walking to and fro ,he sat down near the flower pots and closed his eyes. His mind immediately drifted to think about her. Their first meeting... that unforgettable moment in his life...

..........................

It was a festival season in the town. Every road was crowded with stalls and people flocked to see them. Small toys shops, video games, remote cars, fancy dresses, kitchen utensils all shops were opened and people were around everything to buy or bargain.

There was one big shop and the crowd was so huge to handle that it was even difficult for people to enter inside. It was a children's shop and the shopkeeper kept a lucky prize for winners who purchased more than 500 rupees. All children were fascinated by and all stood in front of that lucky prizes.

That time , a small 8 year old boy saw a remote car and got attracted to it. He went and asked for the prize but the shopkeeper told that only lucky winners can get it and he has to still wait for it. At that time, a small 4 year old girl, wearing a  pink colour flower shape hair band dressed neatly in pink colour frock came there. She too started liking the red remote car ,went near it and stood silently. The shopkeeper announced all the children to assemble properly and told them that he would give them a block puzzle and whomever finishes it first will get that remote car as a gift prize.

All children did the puzzle with full enthusiasm and luckily the small girl in pink frock finished first. She was given the remote car and she smiled innocently. While she was caressing the car with her little fingers she heard a boyish voice behind...

"Ei.....ennaku adhu venum"

She got jerked and turned to see a boy taller than her with sharp eyes staring at the toy.

"Naa maten"she replied back holding the toy even more tight

"Illa ennaku adhu pudichiruku yennaku venum kudu"

"Maten... idhu ennodadhu"

The boy neared her and tried to get the toy.

"Naa dhan first paten naa dhan vechupen kudu"

"Mudiyadhu naa dhan win panna...idhu ennodadu"

"Ei....enna"came his stern voice making the little girl frightened. Tears filled her eyes.

"Naa.......... maatten....idhu...yendu.....amma...maa"she said sobbing with tears.

Seeing her in tears he was moved. Never in his life he has made anyone cry other than his little brother. When she started crying her nose turned pink and she looked even cute.

"Eii......aaladha" but she cried even more. By this time her family came and he became more scared.

A boy of his small age came near her.

"Mulla yenna ma Achu?yen aalara?"

"Anna.....naa...idhu....anda....  Paiyan ...."

Seeing her crying again he turned to other side to see who was the reason behind her cry but he was suprised

"Dei kathir nee yenga Inga?"

"Tamizh....adhu naa...aama idhu yaru?" He asked pointing towards the small girl.

"Iva yen thangachi da peru Mullai..aama nee yeppo Vanda? Uncle, aunty enga?"