Chapter 2 - But she's an avenger?

The Daily Bugle
Y/N POV

After dropping off your little brother at school, and trying to wrap your head around his weird behaviour, you eventually arrive at your job at the daily bugle, where you work as a reporter/photographer.

Your great at your job but you hate, absolutely hate, your boss who makes you like the job less and less everyday.

Finally entering the building you walk into the main lobby just outside your boss's office and see he's currently in a meeting.

Knowing you need to talk to him you decide to walk up to his assistant that your actually good friends with.

"Good morning betty" You say smiling down at the brunette sat at her desk.

She smiles up at you whilst holding the desk phone in her hand "Hey Y/N/N, quick warning he's in a mood" she warns you.

You sigh at the information "when isn't he" you mutter.

Setting the phone down she takes a quick look of you up and down "You look good today" she says smirking up at you.

You smirk down at her aswell "Thanks, you look good too, but then again...you look good everyday" you says winking at the end causing her to blush.

But before she could get any reply in, your boss's office doors swings wide open startling you a bit.

"Get out that's the dumbest idea you've ever had, and you've had some doozies!!" Your boss J Jonah Jameson says shouting at a worker he scares out of his office.

You sigh already knowing this probably won't go well "Well, wish me luck" you says averting your eyes back to Betty who smiles sympathetically up at you.

Giving one last smile you then walk over to the office doors and open them nervously.

Looking up at the door he sees you awkwardly standing there before looking back down at the papers on his desk "sit down Parker!" He shouts making you jump a little before franticly taking a seat down in front of him.

"You have a new assignment for me sir?" You ask beginning to nervously fidget with your fingers not knowing if that's the only reason your here.

"Your gonna like this one" He says begging to pull out the file from his desk drawer and puts his lit cigar back in his mouth.

Sighing of relief you take the file out his hands, and take a moment to read over the assignment for your next piece in the daily bugle paper.

Reading over it your finding it hard to believe of what he's asking you.

"You want me to write a page on her?" You ask looking up at him questionably.

He nods his head and points back at the file in your hand, as if to say 'yes that's what it says'.

"...but she's an avenger?" You say not fully believing he's asking you to do this.

————————————————————————
Sorry it's super short, but for those who don't already know, who do y'all think it is 🤔

Anyway find out more about it and the assignment in the next one.

Cee ya beautiful sexy people later ;)