Chapter 3 - I told someone...

The Daily Bugle
Y/N POV

"Sir, surely your joking??" You ask still in disbelief of what your new assignment is.

Hearing that, he eruptively sits up straight in his chair and glares at you "Do I look like the kind to joke about the importance of global news and historical reports Parker!" He yells.

You look at him completely unfazed by his yelling "Your wanting me to write about her love life" you say in a monotone.

What a dramatic asshole, you thought.

"Yes well...who ever it is that appears in her love life will make a potential front cover" He says promoting at the fact your story could hit front page, meaning extra money which you so badly need.

You look over the assignment one more time and sigh in defeat " When would my deadline be?" You ask closing the file.

"You have two months to write me a leading headline piece of the secret love life of Wanda Maximoff the avenger, and I want detailed quotes thoroughly written" He begins to list off as you write it all down on the file cover with the assignment.

"And I want up close shots of Miss Maximoff and her lover, you do this Parker and your looking at your very own personal segment in the paper" He tells you and you can't help but feel a strange feeling in your stomach.

You know how wrong this is and how impossible it is to get anywhere near an avenger, let alone the Scarlet witch.

But at the same time this could be really good for your career, plus the money is much needed, but your mainly agreeing to this so you can be done and out his office.

You then sigh looking over everything on the assignment to your notes "Two months isn't enough time" you point out.

"Fine you get three" He reluctantly agrees.

You shake your head "four".

He looks at you challengingly and sees your not budging "Deal" he agrees.

You smile proud of yourself for winning the fight with him.

"Alright now get out of my office!" He shouts bringing you back into reality as you scramble to get up and leave.

~~~

You spend the rest of the day at your desk working on building up study files and links on everything you can get on Wanda Maximoff.

As your scrolling through older articles and blog sites, you see a short slide of photos taken of the avenger.

You click it open to see a photo of Wanda and can't help but admire how beautiful she is.

"Wow, she's really pretty" you say out loud as you lean back in your chair.

"Who is?" A sudden voice from behind you speaks up.

You jump out your seat a little, being startled by Peter standing behind you.

"Jesus Peter, you almost gave me a heart attack" You say turning around to face him with your hand on your chest.

He only gives you a strange look in return making you furrow your eyebrows at him.

"What?" You ask.

"Nothing it's just...you can usually sense when someone's behind you?" He asks confused to why you were frighten.

"I know, I guess I was...distracted" You say say turning back around at your desk to face your computer.