1, Welcome to Gotham

Hello...

Go away.

You aren't safe...

Go.

Listen to us...

GO.

Wake up...

...What?

WAKE UP!

She jumps flailing around in her bed gasping for breath. In, and out, In, and out... Sighing she melts back into the fluffy sheets. Staring up at the ceiling she rubs her eyes.

Looking at the clock on her bedside table she groans rolling out of her warm cocoon. Today was the day of Aunt Martha and Uncle Thomas' funeral.

Poor Brucie~

She jumps whirling around, no one. She rubbed her eyes turning to her closet looking for a black dress to wear. Grabbing the black lace dress, she places it on her bed lightly and toes her way to her bathroom for a shower.

Standing under the stream on hot water was refreshing to her stiff limbs. Shes leans her head against the wall listening to the voices speaking faintly down the hall.

Hm.

She's Baack~

She huffs, shaking her head she steps out of the lukewarm water and into a heated towel. After drying herself and changing into the black dress and tights she grabs a pair of flats, holding them in one hand she wanders her way out of her room.

"Aunt Rosa, long time no see." The older blonde whirled around to face her, a scowl smearing her attractive face.

"Hayley." Rosa Woods, her father's youngest sister- also the only one alive, acknowledged her. Hayley faked a smile jaunting past her aunt.

Why is she here?

Uh- the funeral- duh.

She grabbed the cardigan waiting at the door and stepped out onto the porch, where the limo sat ready for them. slipping inside she sat down in the furthest corner from the door where Rosa usually sat.

"So. How are you Aunt Rosa?" The two blondes stare at each other silently- one with resentment and one with hatred- The older scoffed glowering at her niece.

"I'm just peachy, both of my siblings are dead, and I have to look after you" Faking a smile, Hayley looked out the window at the cloudy sky watching the trees and houses fly past.

Can we just kill her?

No! of course not.

Reflexively snapping her head to the side her aunt looked at her with poorly hidden disgust.

"Are we there yet Mr. Dolan?" The sweet elderly man driving turned his head to the older blonde at her question.

"Afraid not miss." She's sighs, melting into the seats, glancing at her aunt she held in a snicker at the sour expression on her face.

.* + *.

After ten minutes of awkward silence between the two blondes they finally reach the graveyard in which they are visiting. 

In the near distance, Hayley could see her cousin and his butler- Bruce and Alfred. Hurring away from her aunt was easier than she expected as she bounced her way over to the mourning boy.

"Hey B, how are you holding up?" Bruce sniffled looking up at his cousin with red rimming his dark blue eyes. In a blur his thin arms were wound tight around her waist as he sobbed quietly. 

Ewww Is that snot?

He's just as unlucky as you are. 

Only difference is he didn't kill HIS parents.

She flinches looking down at Bruce. For a split second her eyes were a dull dark grey as she glared down at him, and then quicker than a blink she smiled sadly down at him, her eyes a bright pale blue.

"It'll be ok B, don't worry"

"I'll be here for you"

His sniffles die down as he looks up at her. 

"Promise?" The pain in young Bruce's voice brought a pang to Hayleys chest as she squeezed him comfortingly. Hayley glanced up at Alfred who stood watching them like a hawk. 

"Hello Alfred." 

"Hello, Miss Kane." She winced looking down at Bruce who had detached himself from her person. Turning her head, she noticed the funeral was about to begin. 

"Come one Bruce, lets pay our respects" As she turns to head over to stand in the crowd she pauses when Bruce, grips the hem of her sweater.

"Will you come with me, please?" 

Come one, Go with the little Brucie~

She nods, capturing his warmer hand in her pasty one. Leading him over to the rows of mourning people she snaps her head right unconsciously as she stops close to the front. 

"B, I want you to know it's ok to cry." 

He nods refusing to look away from where his and Hayleys hand connected like a it was his lifeline.

 .* + *.

Itty Bitty Baby.

Shut. Up.

Popping her neck, she watched as the familiar detective walked up to them as people around them trickled away.

"Detective Gordan right?" The young man looked at Hayley smiling shortly before turning to the distraught boy in her clutches. "Can I speak to you in private, Bruce?" 

Looking down at Bruce, she releases him when he nods, "goodbye B, I have to go find Aunt Rose, love you a hundred."

He smiles appreciatively, "I love you a thousand." She clicks her fingers mumbling a 'Damn' under her breath.

~~~

Hope You guys liked the first chapter.

RoryY.