1

So this was inspired by a dream.... It sounds weird, I know, but trust me I really do get dreams that inspire these stories...
(The handwriting on the cover is actually mine😌)

"Take him! Please I-I won't make it..." Jimin's eyes begin to tear up seeing the woman's heart breaking, body trembling, knowing she's going to die. She looks up at him with a hint of hope in her eyes. Hope that her son will be okay when she passes on.

"K-keep him safe for...me...." Jimin nods his head immediately, wiping his tears away with the back of his hand as he quickly walks up to the crying 11 year old boy with determination. Her voice is failing her and Jimin can see her life slipping away as each second passes. He doesn't know this woman yet it still hurts.

"I will take care of him, I-I promise." Jimin pulls the sobbing boy into his arms who didn't want to let go of his mother. Jimin's heart shatters for the unknown woman when she smiles up at him weakly.

"T-thank...you...."

"Eomma!!" Jimin holds onto the smaller boy tighter when he tries to break free and get to his mother who stopped breathing, body now lying lifelessly on the ground, arm extended towards them. Jimin cries, squeezing the thrashing boy in his arms, knowing the boy's pain all too well as they fall to the floor together in tears.

"S-shh it's okay, hyung will take care of you,"

"N-no eomma..."

"I'll take care of you..."

-1 Week Later-

"Jungkookie we need to go, okay?" Jimin looks ahead, eyeing the small store only a few buildings away where they'll be able to get food, snacks, and water for the two of them. They've been walking for a while, his feet are hurting and most likely bleeding, but he knows it's a huge risk stopping in the middle of the street where anyone could spot them. He's seen too much, knows the possibilities of stopping in a very exposed area like this.

"But my legs hurt, hyung." The younger boy whines, looking down at his throbbing feet that are in worn out sneakers.

"I know, mine too, but we're so close to the store. Don't you want snacks, Kookie?" Jungkook's round watery eyes look up and he nods. Jimin shows him a smile before couching down despite his own exhaustion.

"Hop on, hyung will carry you till we get there, okay?"

Jungkook doesn't waste any time wiping his eyes before climbing onto his back. Jimin's glad the kid is a short 11 year old or else he's sure he wouldn't be able to carry a bigger child on his back.

When Jungkook is comfortable and secure enough, Jimin takes a deep breath, eyes squinting at the store before he gets up and walks forward, heading to their destination.

He's tired and exhausted, but he's doing this for the both of them. He doesn't stop until they get there.

-7 years later-

"Hyung."

"Hyung!"

"Jimin!"

Jimin's eyes snap open on the last call, turning around to come face to face with a pouting Jungkook before it turns into a smile. Jimin grumbles something about him being annoying as he rubs his eyes.

"Finally you wake up," Jungkook says with a dramatic sigh earning a lazy smack on the shoulder. Jimin's eyes roll at the younger boy's tone as well.

"It's hyung to you brat." Jimin turns around on the mattress and snuggles up again about to go back to sleep until Jungkook smacks his ass. Hard. The sound even echoes in the room, combining with the shorter male's sharp gasp in surprise.

The sudden pain has Jimin hissing and so he sits up with a glare, hair tostled and clearly undone from sleep. Jungkook laughs, finally catching his attention.

"Hyung," he says after a few more laughs, "I was going to tell you I brought back food and I know you-"

"You what?!" Jimin looks at the younger in disbelief, now feeling wide awake. He's told Jungkook so many times he should never go anywhere alone, never without him since there's crazy ass people outside looking to kill and take. He knows Jungkook is stubborn but really? Risking his life when they could have easily gone together.

"Just listen-"

"Jeon Jungkook, what have I said about going without me?"

Jungkook sighs hearing the strict tone used with his full name. He goes to sit on the other side of mattress with a frown on his face, hating how Jimin thinks he cant take care of himself. He's bigger and stronger than before for goodness sake yet Jimin doesn't care about that.

"I'm turning 18 this year hyung I can take care of myself." This time he meets Jimin's glare with his own and it seems to make Jimin deflate, the older boy looking down with a sigh.

"I know you can Kookie but-"

"No, I'm not that helpless child anymore Jimin and I need you to trust me! I'm not dumb, you know how careful I am when I go out with you."

Hearing Jungkook speak, Jimin starts to actually feel bad but not to the point where he gives in because he can't just not worry about the younger. He can't risk losing him too, they've been stuck together like glue for the past few years and it'll break him if something happens to Jungkook.

"I'm sorry, I just-" He pauses, running his hand through his messy hair.

"I just worry..." he speaks out softly.

Jungkook's annoyance dies down seeing the defeat Jimin is showing, knowing it's hard for him to not be stubborn about these things. He is the hyung out of the two so he's always been protective from the start.

Jungkook climbs higher onto the bed and pulls his hyung into an embrace.

"And I need you to trust me, okay? I can take care of myself now, even you." Jimin scoffs into his shoulder, but he knows the younger isn't wrong. Jungkook has grown so much over the years, body getting broader and taller than Jimin. It's almost unfair. Jungkook tends to be the one in front now when they walk together, the strength his muscles provide are greater than his own even if they do similar exercise routines.

"Now let's eat, yeah? I brought some chips too that I was able to find in a small store about a block away." Jimin nods and smiles when he looks up at Jungkook's round brown eyes. He almost lets himself pout at how much Jungkook has changed from the 11 year old he first met.

But it also makes something stir in his stomach when he stares at him too long. Like butterflies that flutter upwards and he has to force himself to look away before he stares a little bit too long. And sometimes he can feel the beginning of heat rise in his face.

Just like now, the distance between the younger's face and his is only a few inches apart which makes him hold his breath, heart stuttering over a beat. He clears his throat and slips out of bed, heading to the small kitchen without looking back at Jungkook.

He needs to breathe.

"C'mon then, Jungkookie, let's eat."