7

School has been keeping me busy butttt here's a mother chapter! Beware, it gets a bit emotional near the end

A gunshot pierces through the silent air of the night before it's followed by a cry for help.

The sound of the gunshot is loud enough to have Jimin and Jungkook sitting up from sleep. The haste movement caused Jimin's head to hurt. He blinks, heart already pounding, as his eyes try to adjust in the dark. Jungkook's hand moves to grip his thigh from beside him.

It's the fifth day at the house they've been recently staying at and everything has been going smoothly along with their relationship. They haven't had troubles since the day of the attack at the small convenience store.

But tonight seems to ruin that streak.

They hear another gunshot, proving to their sleepy minds that it wasn't just their imagination. The sound is so close there's no way it isn't on their street.

The second shout for help has Jimin moving.

Jimin makes a move to get up, shoving the blankets off himself but before he can put two feet on the ground, a hand stops him from doing so.

"You're not going anywhere near the front door, you hear me?" Jungkook whispers harshly, eyebrows furrowed in an upset kind of way where it's clear even in the pitch darkness of the room for Jimin to see it. But Jimin only scowls at him.

"The guns are in the living room what do you expe-"

"Stay here," Jungkook cuts him off and stands up quickly, throwing the blankets off of himself as well before walking around the bed to head to the door.

"Jeon fucking Jungkook," Jimin hisses out when more gunshots are heard, but even closer this time and he immediately gets flashbacks of the scene that had haunted him for months.

This time... it's more serious because they aren't safe up high, they're on the same level ground and this person has a gun. A gun that attracts a lot more attention from further away than just shouts.

The reality of how many zombies could be heading straight their way because of some yelling guy that's shooting like a maniac is enough to get Jimin jumping out of bed, careless of Jungkook's demands.

If there's gunshots, there's zombies.

Jimin rushes into the living room seeing Jungkook in the action of covering up all the windows with any fabric in reach so Jimin begins doing the same to the small windows in the kitchen.

"Jimin get back to the room!"

Jimin ignores him once again and continues covering up the windows, rushing his movements trying to ignore how badly he's shaking.

And then Jimin sees him. The guy who was screaming just a second ago is outside limping as fast as he can with a hurt leg. He's reloading his gun, a flashlight tucked under an arm. Jimin can't help but gasp when a zombie from behind tackles him to the ground, catching him off guard. Then more begin to show up almost instantly.

Jimin's face goes pale seeing them pile up on the helpless man.

Suddenly Jimin's arm is yanked back and he's forced away from the window, stumbling backwards.

"Jung-"

Jungkook's hand is immediately placed over his mouth to shut him up as he continues to drag him to the bedroom, closing the door behind them. The man's painful screams fill the air and Jimin's eyes widen with tears.

Jungkook looks mad, but Jimin can also see the protectiveness in his facial expression.

"Why didn't you-!"