8

In this chapter we finally we get to hear about Jimin's past!

It's late morning when Jimin stirs awake, the missing presence of another body next to him is the cause of it. Every morning there's shared warmth underneath the blankets, two bodies tangled together peacefully. Maybe once in a while either one would wake up first and make food, but remembering last night's events Jimin springs up like a vampire coming back to life in a coffin.

He looks to his side and just as he thought, Jungkook isn't there. Jimin opens his mouth to yell for the younger, but quickly thinks against it, afraid zombies are still lurking nearby. It wouldn't be smart of him to yell right now.

But his mind does the frantic cries for him.

No, no, no.

He quickly gets out of bed and hurries to open the door that leads to the living room. The morning air is a tad bit chilly as it enters the singly warm room, spreading its coldness. Everything is so quiet, almost too eerie it only adds to Jimin's paranoia. He peeks out more to see if he can catch Jungkook's figure in the kitchen but he doesn't see anything.

He feels panic rise in his chest to the point he starts to shake.

He quickly yet quietly closes the door and shakily opens the one that leads to the room where the back door is. By now he's biting his lip to keep in a sob, heart already hurting preparing itself for the whole house to be empty except for him.

To Jimin's relief, Jungkook is there gluing random papers and newspapers to the glass doors. A way to cover up where they are easily to be seen.

Jimin lets out a small cry of relief, eyes brimmed with tears and he feels his body almost collapse on the floor, knees wobbly.

Jungkook turns around at the sound of his cry and his face turns into immediate worry when he sees Jimin's quivering pout and teary eyes.

"Hyung?"

He places the glue and papers down on the floor as Jimin rushes over to him, crashing into him with a big hug. His arms loops under Jungkook's arms and close around his torso as he suddenly begins to weep.

"I thought you left!" Jimin says, his words muffled into Jungkook's chest. He rubs his face onto his chest, smearing his tears, before looking up at Jungkook's surprised face. His arms are still wrapped tightly around him

Although his face is covered in tears he sniffles before letting an angry cry.

"Never fucking th-think about sacrificing yourself ever again! You hear me?"

"Jim-"

"No, Jungkook." Jimin interrupts, shaking his head.

"I mean it, don't act stupid j-just to save one of us. Either we do it together or we don't."

Even when tears rolled down Jimin's cheeks and his voice cracked a few times, his face remained serious. He made it clear this is no joke.

It has always been the two of them and it isn't going to change. It will always be like that. Jimin will continue to say things like this until it gets stuck in the taller's head. Until he realizes leaving will not make thing better, it'll only make things worse.

Jungkook sighs in defeat, showing a bit of shame.

"I'm sorry hyung," he apologizes, leaning his face into Jimin's hair.

"I won't do it again,"

Jimin turns soft again, a pout still on his lips.

"You promise?"