2. It wasn't my fault

(One more thing!)

* - flashback

—————

Third person POV

"The house is in danger!" Mirabel and y/n run into the party yelling with scared panicked faces. "There were cracks everywhere...." Y/n turns to Camilo with a horrified look on their face.

"Are you okay y/n? Are you hurt? Tell me what happened!" Whilst Abuela goes downstairs with Mirabel, y/n and Camilo stay in Antonio's room next to a small bush. Camilo examines y/n making sure they're okay.

"I'm fine Camilo... I'm just a bit in shock.. I know what I saw! Me and Mirabel both stood there and the house... it was..." Tears started to fill y/n's eyes as Camilo pulled them into his chest giveng them a warm embrace. "It's okay..." He comforts y/n, holding the back of their head as they calm down.

Camilo didn't seem to care about the house. The only thing he really cared about was y/n's safety.

—————

Y/n's POV

I remember.. the first time i started getting nightmares about the night my family died. The first one. There i was, standing above my younger self playing with that candle. I just wanted to be like Camilo. I didn't want to hurt them...

*I was walking into Casita for the first time.

"Wow, there they are! The Madrigals! I want to be just like them one day." I say clinging onto mama's dress. The day of Camilo's gift ceremony is today. I wonder what his gift will be!

I was five, no older than Camilo when it happened. It wasn't my fault.

"Y/n your pulling my dress! Careful dear" She laughed. Mama... I can't remember your face anymore...

"It's alright love they're only playing" Dad says in his usual calm tone. I see him but it's like his face is... muffled... as if he's Camilo changing into people?

We arrive at the ceremony. Camilo is there in the centre with a spotlight on him. His tío Bruno standing proudly by his side. As we stand in the crowd my dad lifts me on his shoulders so i can see. My eyes light up as the candle glows. That candle....

When Camilo's door lights up we all go in and celebrate even more. That was the first night i met Deloris. She was crying from the noise...

We got home after the celebration and ate tee with my Abuelo. He was very sick at the time and couldn't walk. He had to stay in the house and missed Camilo's ceremony. I couldn't stop thinking about it... the candle... why...

I was in bed now. Eyes wide open. I couldn't sleep. Not with the candle still haunting my brain... I needed to know... are all candles magic?

Making my way to mama's and papa's room I pick up one of the candles from the bed side table. I take it to a window and hold it to my side catching the curtains with the flame. That was it. That was what caused the fire.

Me.*

"Camilo... thank you for being here"

—————

Chapter two! Done! Im really exited to see how this story grows 👀