4. Tío Bruno's tower

Y/n and Mirabel were on their way to Bruno's tower, sneaking around corners and hiding when they saw someone. They both new this place was off limits but felt as though they should still go and check it out. Mirabel needed to save Casita from whatever was happening and Bruno's tower had the answer.

When they got up the steps to the door, y/n opened it to reveal a little passage with sand falling at the end.

"Uhm... Casita? Can you turn the sand off?" Y/n asked. Casita just waved a few tiles around on the outside and they both understood that Casita couldn't help inside rooms.

Y/n reached their hand out to feel the sand but was instantly pulled down and fell down what can only be described as a huge pile of sand. Mirabel jumped down to help but ended up falling face first through the sand pile, getting sand in her glasses, up her nose and in her mouth.

"Ewww! It's in my mouth!" Mirabel complained. Little did she know how much more she was going to be complaining in a moment.

They both approached the hundreds and thousands of stairs in front of them. Not giving up however they both climbed to the top.

"Oh, COME ON!" They both shouted in sync with each other. There was a drop at least 90ft in front of them, there was however a rope hanging from the ceiling. Did bruno have to do this every time he wanted to go to his bed? How did Abuela get up here? (Abuela 🦹🏽‍♀️)

Y/n and Mirabel got across safely, but barely. Once in, they both saw how big Bruno's room actually was. Wow. There were statues of tío all over the hallway that lead to a door that was shaped like an eye. Y/n ran their hand along the rough surface. It felt like sandpaper. "Ouch" y/n cut their finger on one of the tough edges as they were feeling it.

Inside the eye shaped door was a sand pit with green glowing things inside. They seemed to be buried beneath the sand as though someone deliberately put them there. What happened in here? Whatever it was, Bruno didn't want anyone to know.

Mirabel then kneeled down and started to collect the pieces putting them together as she went. A bit of sand fell on y/n's head and as they looked around they saw the place start to crumble. "Mirabel we need to go!" They helped Mirabel collect the small pieces of green plate as they made their way out just in time.

Once outside of Bruno's room y/n and Mirabel brushed the sand off each other, bumping into Alma as they did so. "Where are you coming from?! And why are you in such a hurry?!"

"We uh.." y/n started to speak but then Luisa came up the stairs crying saying something about her power 'fading' what? What is happening to Casita?!

Whatever it is. We're about to find out.

—————

Chapter four 😩✋ I did it. Four chapters in one night! No one can stop me.