7. You saved me.

Y/n's POV

As we follow Bruno into his little 'cave' I start to realise how badly he was treated. He left but never left? Then he had to listen to everyone make a diss track on him? Thats a bit unfair. What did he even do wrong?

When we get into his room, my eyes are instantly locked on the table that was located to the left. As i approached it I was able to make out what was on there. It was a plate. But not a plate. It was drawn on with chalk and a few crayons. On the plate was a bit of light shining. I looked through to see the family table. Everyone's plate on there apart from his.

I made my was over to the chair and picked up a rat as he spoke to Mirabel about why he left but never... 'left'

The rat looked well cared after. At least he had some company...

—————

Bruno had been alone for ten years. That's a long time... he looked at me.

"Y/n right? I heard a bit about your family. That fire was awful.. I'm sorry. I should've warned you.." Bruno pointed to the corner where there was a green slab quite like the one Mirabel had before.

As I walked towards it I could just make out my old house. I picked it up with such speed that Bruno and Mirabel were now looking at me with great concern. "Y/n?" I heard Bruno call my name.. but what was it worth now? He knew I did it..

*Smoke, everywhere i looked was either black with smoke or fire. My eyes burned as I screamed for my mum. Just then I heard someone calling my family name... "MR l/n?!" I cried louder hoping they would hear my voice... I was on my knees clutching my favourite toy.

"Young y/n?..." I looked beside me to see a scared looking Bruno. I should have known. Though back then I was so young...

"I'm here... ^Cough^ don't cry..." He picked me up and covered my face from the smoke looking over to my parent's bed where mother lay. Or used to lay. The building was about to collapse. I was out safe and my papa was beside me. That was until he remembered Abuelo.

He ran headlong into the building.

BANG! CRASH!

That was the moment I became an orphan*

I sat with the plate of green glowing colour in my hands. Why didn't Bruno stop it. He could've helped..

"I know what you're going to say y/n. I know.. I should've prevented it but.. I didn't get there in time. I managed to get you out. You're important to Camil- oh....." Bruno stopped. He looked at me as if he'd said too much.

I put the plate down calmly and walked out into the walls again. Mirabel continued to ask Bruno questions as I sat outside.

Shortly after, Antonio walked into the room on his leopard holding a rat that was talking to me. He held his finger over his lips and walked in.

—————

On our way to Antonio's room me and Bruno started talking. "I'm sorry y/n.. I didn't want to hurt you" I just hugged him tightly. He saved my life and I didn't even know.

"You saved me. Thank you."

—————

Thanks for reading chapter 7! I cant wait to continue this story! I'm loving writing at the moment!! THANK YOU FOR 70 READS!!! <3