"Mini" Farming Project

"Huff, huff..."

Chiak! Shrrrkk!

'Damn, where's the promised relax weekend?'

Cale was working hard in Harris Village as the sun was just starting to rise. His breathing got heavier with his depleting stamina. His long, bright red hair was being clumsily tied to the back with a few loose strands sticking on his sweaty face and neck. His pants and boots were already covered in soil while his shirt was already drenched in sweat. 

Chirkk!

The hoe that was reinforced with magic hit the ground again. He had been digging for an hour, making the 12th hole for the last apple tree that was to be planted today. Cale was flabbergasted with the current situation as he stared at the hoe in his hand. He can't believe that he was using the hoe that was supposedly to help him collect the ancient power, to do farming right now. Before he could shake his head in dismay, a bright voice rung right beside him.

"Hey human! You're doing greaat! We're going to have huge harvest of apples by fall! Hehe!"

"Our youngest brother is right! We'll have big, tasty apples, nya!"

The excited black dragon was flying at high speed around the young apple trees, checking them out with his round, sparkling blue eyes. Hong was circling the trees with Raon while On looked at the her younger siblings with a satisfied smile as she patted Cale's boot in sympathy.

Cale brushed his loose hair from his face and sighed internally. He couldn't complain when the children averaging ten years old were so happy and enjoying the project. Plus, he had promised his team leader to farm. So, he might as well start planting stuff whenever he was free. However, as he looked around the supposedly "mini" garden... There were apple and lemon trees surrounding the greenhouse that was being temperature regulated by Raon's magic. Inside the greenhouse, it was separated into herbs garden and vegetables section. There were rosemary, thymes, basil, oregano, parsley, mint, etc., in the herbs garden. How did they ended up with such a huge herbs garden? The children were the ones deciding the crops in their farm. He remembered how the children's reasoning for one of the herbs went.

"Let's plant rosemary, human! It has the combined names of our smart Rosalyn and good Mary!"

Raon's wings fluttered excitedly.

"That sounds cool, nya! Our youngest is really great and mighty, nya."

Hong ran up to Cale who was sitting on the couch as he expressed his agreement with Raon.

"And, our gentle Beacrox can use the herbs for cooking steak! Human, you love steaks!"

"Uh huh. Our youngest is truly the best, nya."

Cale had to agree with the herbs garden idea when On chimed in as well. But he had no idea at that time, that the garden will look like a commercial herbs market. As he was reminiscing the past, the last apple tree was moved into the ground with Raon's magic. 

Skrrik! Plop!

Choi Han covered the bottom of the tree with soil. The movement of the spade in his hands were moving rather quickly and the soil easily covered the roots in no time. Cale watched in envy as he was super tired after digging the holes at a slow pace with his weak arms. 

"Cale-nim, do you need to rest? We can have a short break first before moving on to the spring onions and chilies."

Cale was just feeling grateful for Choi Han's first sentence before frowning at the second part. Lemon trees... He had no idea and did not want to know either for what reason that they needed to plant these huge amount of spring onions and chilies. Before he could respond, the children started to talk.