The Children's First Etiquette Class

"Huuuummmmaaaaaaan! Human! Hey, human! Can you tell me?"

"C'mon, huumaan~ Don't be like that. Just let me know a li----ttle bit about our teacher."

"Huuuumaaaan!"

Cale's morning was filled with the young black dragon's loud voice. It was far worse than an annoying broken alarm clock that wouldn't stop ringing even though you had smashed it apart. The worst thing was when the two kittens joined in...

"Meoooow! Let us know, please please pleeeeease, nya~"

"Our youngest is right! It's only right for us to know about our teacher, nyaaaaa~"

"Huumann~"

"Meeeoww~"

"Nya nya nya~"

Siiiiighhhh~~~

And so, Cale had the deepest sigh in history for that morning.

'It's never easy to be a father of three. Now I understand the feeling of a father when preparing to send his kids to the kinder. It's exhausting, mentally!' 

"Alright, alright. It's someone you guys already know. Promise me that you'll behave in class. Okay?"

"You're not saying the name? Fine, okey dokey human. I'll do just that because I'm-"

"Great and mighty nya!"

Hong finished Raon's sentence neatly. Both of them were more and more like a pair of twins as time passed as they seemed to share the same brain cells. While On will be the older and mature sibling among the three, although she will sometimes join them acting cute when requesting something.

And so, Cale sent the children to the temporary classroom. When they reached the classroom, Choi Han was already there. 

"Cale-nim. Hi, Raon, Hong and On."

"Hello~"

The three kids harmonized their greeting perfectly. 

"Hi, you're early."

"Yes, Cale-nim. I'm quite nervous about today's class. It's been quite a while ago when I last attended a class."

Cale remembered how much time Choi Han was stuck in the Forest of Darkness when he was transmigrated into this world from Korea. Tens of years! That's the time he had spent in the darkness, fighting monsters alone to survive. He was just 17 when he first reached here. Based on how much he had missed Korea's food, he could have missed his college life too. The safe and normal life, where you go to school with your friends, have late night outs, revise for exams, then getting a job and a family of your own... 

Although they had come to accept this world and found new friends and family over here but still, they had sweet memories from their original world too. And from time to time, they still think about the what-ifs. Cale shared a similar experience as Choi Han so he understands this feeling of nostalgia. Even though Cale hated doing it, he still did his best to cheer Choi Han up.

"Hmmm, learning the basic etiquette of speaking will be good for you as the crown prince's instructor. You don't have to worry much though, since it's just a short etiquette class to fix the children's daily vocabulary. You can take it easy and just enjoy the class. Since you're a fast learner, I'm pretty sure you'll ace the lessons."

"Thanks, Cale-nim. I'll take good care of the kids too."

"Sure. Have fun everyone! I'll see you after class~"

The four of them waved to Cale before walking into the small classroom. On and Hong quickly picked their desks and sat side by side on the first row. On the other hand, Raon seemed to be nervous about this class. He flew from one desk to another, unable to make up his mind. He had never attended any actual classes before. The only lessons he had were those from Eruhaben, and even that was not in a classroom setting. Choi Han saw the anxious Raon and offered him to be his deskmate.