ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗

𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗

Life as a student is never easy. That's what everyone told Madelyn, and they're completely right. She had been studying communications for almost two years now, and this life was about to kill her. But like her dad always said, she had to work hard for her dreams. So that's what she started doing, working for her dreams.

Ever since she was a little girl, she had dreamed of working in Formula 1. She remembers watching the races with her dad and thinking, "I want to be there one day". First, she wanted to work as an engineer. But after finding out she didn't have the skills to work with engines, she focused on joining an F1 PR team. She started studying communications at the University of London as soon as she could. She applied to every F1 team based in the UK for their internships. When she found out that Red Bull had replied to her application, she almost fell off her chair. After writing many motivation letters and going to multiple interviews, she finally stood here on her first day as an official intern for Red Bull Racing in front of Red Bull's headquarters in Milton Keynes.

Madelyn takes a deep breath and finally grabs enough courage together to walk inside. Once inside, she walks up to a long counter with behind it a brunette girl. She's busy looking at the computer in front of her as Madelyn steps up to her. When the girl notices her, she looks up and gives her a welcoming smile.

"Hi, welcome to Red Bull Racing. How can I help you?" She asks politely.

"Hi, my name is Madelyn Scott. I'm supposed to meet Victoria Lloyd. I'm starting my internship today," Madelyn tells the girl.

"Let me check for you really quick," the girl says and starts typing something on her computer. "Ah, here's your name. If you wait for a couple of minutes, Vicky will be right with you."

Madelyn thanks her and sits on the couch that is standing against the wall on the left. After about five minutes, a brunette woman enters the room.

"Madelyn?" She asks her. Madelyn stands up and nods to her.

"Hi, I'm Victoria, but you can call me Vicky," she introduces herself as she shakes her hand.

"It's nice to meet you," Madelyn smiles at her.

"Likewise," Vicky says. "C'mon. I'll show you around."

Together they leave the entry and start walking around the building. It was enormous, so much bigger than Madelyn thought it would be. As they're walking, Vicky shows her everything there is to be shown. From the Red Bull Museum to the rooms where the engines are tested.

"Oh, before I forget," Vicky says as they stand in front of the door that would lead them to the communications department. "Everything you just saw, zip your mouth about it to anyone." Madelyn nods as a sign she understands her.

They enter the department. It was a large room with a lot of desks. At the right end of the room were several conference rooms, and on the other side were separate offices for the essential people of the department like managers and press officers. Madelyn desperately hoped she would sit in one of those offices one day as a press officer herself.