ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ sɪx

It has been almost two weeks since Max's and Madelyn's little discussion

It has been almost two weeks since Max's and Madelyn's little discussion. After their delightful make-up session, they talked all night about what sort of rules to apply to their relationship or whatever it was called they had. The most important rule was that work would be kept out of their relationship. No negative feelings related to what happened on the track were allowed. They also agreed to try harder to hide it from other people. Especially after a stranger saw they were together, they knew they weren't doing their best.

After Baku, they had one week 'off' filled with factory duties. Madelyn was busy with meetings, arranging interviews for the team and finally spending time with her family and friends again. Max was most of the time in Monaco, training with Brad for the upcoming triple header. The last two days before he would leave for France, he visited the campus in Milton Keynes to spend some time on the simulator and attend some sponsor events.

Almost every night was filled with long FaceTime conversations. Max even stayed over the last night he was in England and enjoyed the evening spent with Madelyn and her friends. He finally got to hear some embarrassing stories about her and didn't mind sharing some shameful stories from work as well. The night was filled with lots of laughter and also some real bonding. It ended even better when they finally could fall asleep in each other's arms again.

The first race of the triple-header was the French GP. It was previously known as one of the most boring races on the calendar. Not many people were a fan of this track. But this year appeared to be the complete opposite of boring. Red Bull pulled a great strategy to beat Mercedes and score a double podium after Max had made a mistake in the first corner and lost his first place. McLaren had an amazing fight back, containing loads of great overtakes.

It has been a crazy year so far. Max took the win in France and extended his lead in the championship. For the first time in many years, another team was finally able to challenge the 'Silver Arrows'. The team was doing a great job so far, having the lead in both championships right now. But Mercedes was right on their tail, so there was absolutely no time to sit back and relax.

After many podium celebrations, the team took off to Austria to prepare themselves for the two races on the Red Bull Ring. It was time for Red Bull's first home Grand Prix, and that, of course, included some special helmets. Max had brought his fluor yellow helmet back, which quite matched Lando's. Max had been successful in winning two times already on Austrian soil, and the bookmakers were very positive about him winning the next two races as well.

Thursday, media day, also known as Max's favourite day. Not. Although today was an exception. Hot laps were always held during media day. Max had arranged specially for Madelyn that she could also go on a round today as well without her even knowing about this. So when they finally left the press conference, Max was extra eager to drag her towards the track.

"Okay, what's going on?" Madelyn chuckled as they got close to the track. "I've never seen you this excited over doing hot laps."

Max turned around to her and showed a massive grin on his face. "Because this time is different," he said mysteriously and led them onto the tarmac of the track. Even before Madelyn could respond to him, she was overwhelmed by the cheers coming from the stands. Banners, flags, caps. Almost everything was coloured orange and destined for Max and Red Bull.