1

Outside it was raining. like really bad. But i'm not complaining about it, because i have always loved rain. There's something about i can't quite describe, it's calming... and beautiful. It somehow makes me feel less lonelier, and it also covers the sound of my parent's fighting. They fight all the time from anything. And today's reason for their fight is.... me. I skipped school all day and the teacher called my mom. But for me it was one of the best day's ever, i got to spend time with her, a lot. It felt like a date but i'm not sure if it felt the same way to her, although it was her idea to skip school together.There's something about her, there's a reason for the way she acts this way, people always talk bad about her because.... she's not the best influence. she's what you would call " the school's bad girl" , everyone feared her, except me. Those cold eyes and death stares never scared me, they made me curious. I know she's not a bad person and today it confirmed me. She's just in so much pain, i need to know what's happening in her life, i wanna help her. But let me tell you, there's something she does to me, she makes me feel... i don't even know how to explain it. Could i be in love with her? Is this what a crush feels like? But she's a girl and...i'm a girl too.
You know what diary, i'm really sleepy. I'll go to sleep while it still rains cuz i don't wanna fall asleep hearing my parents fight. I will tell you everything that happened today, but tomorrow.

Silly girl.
I close the diary and put it in my purse. I can't believe i used to have a diary. And i can't believe i'm back at my parent's house. My mom called me to have dinner together.... for the first time in 2 years. Since i moved out we haven't talked at all. So there must be a reason for her call. While she's cooking the dinner and Mark talks to my step-father, i went back to my old room. I thought i could find some interesting things to get back... so i'm taking back this journal, although it's full of her.
There's a knock on the door.
" Come in. " i say while getting up. It was Mark.
" Everything alright? " he says while smiling at me. I swear, I can't understand this man. He's always so smiley and bubbly despite everything bad. He's just so positive, that sometimes is annoying.
" Yeah, don't worry. Sorry for dragging you here.... but i couldn't have come alone."
" Oh my god dude. I already said i don't mind, you're my best friend! " he says letting out a soft laugh that makes me laugh too. " C'mon now, your mother said that the dinner is ready. "

There's an awkward silence. No one says anything, except Mark who's trying to make conversation with everyone.
" I heard you opened your own cafe Minji. " my mom says while not even looking at me. I guess she couldn't watch me since i'm nothing but an embarrassment to her. She was staring down at her plate that's almost full, she barely ate.
" Yeah i did, like 2 weeks ago. It's going really well and-"
Before i could finish my sentence she started crying. Ah here we go again, the victim blaming. My step father, who's an piece of shit by the way, got up to her and hugged her. Me and Mark are just staring at each other.
" Uh, i'm going to the bathroom." Mark says while leaving the table. I give him an what-the-fuck expression but he ignores it. Goddamit you Mark Lee.
" I called you my Minji because i thought we could have a nice family dinner like the old times, that you will come back to us, and stop with all these non-sense stuff of yours, but as I can see , you're a lost cause." she says while through the tears. My step father, for the first time, is silent. He's not saying anything. I guess he must be done with my non-sense stuff too.
" Your brother would be so disappointed in you Minji. "
" Don't you dare talk about my brother!" i say while getting up. That's it i'm gonna leave. " Mark, we're going home! " i yell at him so he could come down.
" Don't talk like that to your mother! " She says stepping closer to me. She's gonna snap.
" You,my dear, have lost your title as a mom the moment you let him die! "
She was speechless. She froze. Maybe, just maybe, that was too harsh. Mark grabs my arm and takes me to his car. He starts driving and everything is silent. He knows i don't wanna talk about it, that's why he doesn't say anything, he knows me better than anyone else, after all we grew up together.

If it wasn't for him, I would have been long gone too.