A Vigilante

Requested by: @meeeeee

Title: Vigilante-For-Hire

Note: based on the 2018 movie A Vigilante starring Olivia Wilde. great movie- i just love those movies where women that know how to kill someone does the vigilante thing idk how to describe it. on a different note, i wrote this at 4 am with all my nails intact. thank u.

Warning: mentions of violence, abuse, threats and mentions of murder, and a hot reader that knows how to kick sum shell

"O'Neil?" I titled my head when the door opened just a fraction, the lock keeping it shut just past the point of seeing the teenage girl that was staring at me from beyond the darkness of where she was home. I doubted she saw it as a safe place if she was calling me.

"Yes? Are you her?" I nodded and she quickly slammed the door shut, opening it a second later all the way to usher me inside. She was tiny. Literally tiny. She was skinnier than me and I'm pretty sure she didn't have an ounce of fat on her. How old was she? Not old enough.

"So," I sighed as I took off my sunglasses and turned around to look at the girl, who was checking the time on a clock above the door that I had just entered, "tell me everything. Are you nervous?" I raised an eyebrow as I saw her pull out a weird turtle-shaped phone for a second as she walked past me. I assumed to check the time again as not even a second later, she stuffed it back into her pocket.

"Well, it depends on what's gonna happen when she gets home." The girl stopped walking and turned around to look at me with a determined look on her face. Before I could answer, I saw a flash over by the window in the living room, like someone was moving away from the pane.

"What was that?" I demanded as I noticed it was a fire escape. "I can't do this if there's going to be people watching. I can't risk-" I had begun walking backwards towards the door, still watching the window as I went, but I was stopped by the girl, who grabbed my arm to hold me still.

"Wait, please! I promise I'll explain it to you later- after she's gone! My friends are only here to make sure nothing goes south! I told them to be here in case she decided to hurt you." I tilted my head at what the girl was saying and looked back at the window, sighing.

"Fine. But just know that if this is over and they're gone, I'll invert your knees. And besides, it only ever goes south for them. Now, let's discuss trivial things. What will you be doing during this meeting? When should your father be expected home and what are your demands?" I wondered as I made my way over to a tall couch in the corner, taking a seat and setting my briefcase on the table in front of me.

"Uh, I don't know. I don't want to leave since my friends are here. My father won't be home for a few more hours and I just want her gone. No friends, no job- I don't want her to ever be able to come back here again." I glanced up from where I was adjusting my gloves to see her giving me a determined look.

"If that is what you wish. Now, payment." I sighed gently as I leaned back into the chair, loving the feeling of the soft cushion against my back.

"My father doesn't have a lot of money right now- he just got his job back. Today was only his third day back and-" I cut her off by standing up and walking over to the clearly-panicking girl.

"Listen, child. I hate taking money from anyone- or even payment at all. I don't want your money." The girl clearly calmed down as she glanced up at me with a confused look on her face.

"Then- then what do you want? We don't have very much right now. My father gets paid a lot but he won't for another few days." I shrugged as I made my way back to the chair, crossing my legs as I tossed the platinum blonde wig's hair behind my shoulders.