Chapter 26: Day Out

Levi's POV

"Mommy, don't you want to come with us?" Raven ask as Hanji shook her head.

"Sorry, Raven, but I can't." She rubs her stomach, and I knew. The baby was coming soon, and I should be home with her, but she says that I had to entertain Raven.

"What about Zayne? Can't he come?"

"He's sick, Raven. I don't want others to get sick because of him. He needs to stay home and rest. But... I would love it if you could bring him some snacks. Or a toy. That way he knows his big sister loves him." Hanji kisses her forehead, wincing a bit.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay home?" I ask her, worrying she'll be giving birth soon. "I'll stay home, Onyankonpon can take care of Raven-."

"I'll be fine." She chuckles, kissing my lips. "I promise. I'll be fine. Besides, it's easier to call a doctor here."

I sighed, not wanting to leave her side. "Okay... okay. But whatever happens, I need to know." Raven quickly hops on my lap as I struggled to push the two of us in the wheelchair. "Raven, you're getting big. One day, you can't sit on my lap."

"But I don't wanna grow up..."

*   *   *

My arms grew tired after 30 minutes of pushing myself and Raven in the wheelchair. I often paused to rest my arms, and I held the entire group up. Ever since the final battle, I felt my strength fading. Hanji theorized that because we destroyed the origin of the titan powers and all Eldians no longer have the ability to turn into titans, as well as the fact that Ackermans possess similar abilities to a titan, killing the origin killed our abilities. Our strength fading back to normal... I should ask Mikasa how she's feeling.

"Levi, do you need help?" Onyankonpon chuckles, tickling Raven's cheek. "I think you do."

I leaned back in my wheelchair, nodding my head. "Please do."

"I wanna push!" Raven hops off my lap, running behind me. "Please, Daddy?"

"I don't think you can do it, Raven," I chuckled, feeling her attempting to push me. She grunts in an exaggerated sound. Her feet began to slip as she continued to try. I didn't stop her until she came back in front of me, tossing herself onto my lap. "What's the matter?"

"Heavy..."

I chuckled, picking her up and gently wrapping my arms around her. "I'm heavy? Maybe you're a bit weak. You'll build enough muscle to push me... one day. But that means you have to grow big and strong, okay?"

From in front of me, I could hear Connie's familiar snickers. Sasha and he used to snicker years ago... always annoyed me. "Not if she grows to be like you, Levi..." Connie whispers under his breath, unable to hide his laughter.

"That's not funny," Pieck says, giving a small laugh.

Raven, I assumed she had enough, jumped off of my lap. But instead of standing next to me, Raven ran up to Connie and kicked him in the shins. He yelps and falls to the ground as he continued to get kicked by my little girl. My face had a smile as I watched her beat him up.

"Don't say that to my daddy! Say sorry! Or you're gonna go to jail! Like the bad, bad boy!"

"S-Sorry, Raven! I-I won't say it again!"

Raven gave a few more kicks before she ran back to me. "Owie..." She murmurs, holding her feet. Daddy, is he going to go to jail?"

"I wished, Raven, but no. He's not. He's not that bad." I kissed her forehead, proud of her. I remember when I first beat up someone... Raven's just like me. And she's protective... just like Hanji and me. Raven, you're going to grow big and strong... "Come on, let's go find something for Zayne!"

"And in Mommy's tummy! Brother needs a present from me!"

"Right... in Mommy's tummy. I'm not too sure it's a boy though. Your mommy says it might be a girl."

"No! A brother!"

I didn't argue with her- not after what happened with Connie. If I tell Hanji what happened... would she be proud or will she berate me for allowing her to do such a thing...?

"Why would you do that, Levi?! You're supposed to stop her, not encourage her!"

I think that's exactly what she's going to say to me... I won't tell her then. Although, we do need to teach Raven a lesson about her strengths and when to act. When to know it's a good time to protect someone, when to hit someone, and to control her actions before she gets into trouble. Hanji and I... I doubt we are good role models for that. I don't even know where to begin with a few things that should be in my area of knowledge. And Hanji... well, she still doesn't know how to control some of her actions...

"Daddy, would Brother in Mommy's tummy want this?" I didn't realize she hopped off my lap and looked at a glass window. She points to a little... what the hell is that? This creature with short arms compared to its body. "Armin says he knows that... Armin! Armin, what is that?"

Being summoned, Armin walks over to where she was. "Ah, that's called a dinosaur."

"Di... dino... saur?"

Armin nods his head. "Yeah! It's a creature from long, long ago! Marley said that there were a few people who found their bones."

"What are bones?"

"Well, it's inside of your body... and we have hundreds of them!"

"Whoa! Cool!" There's the Hanji that Raven inherited from her mother. Raven asked questions as Armin quickly answer them. A dinosaur... interesting.