15

"THEY DID WHAT?" Kemuel yelled. Michael and Lucifer were standing with him, both of their hands crossed. When Michael had passed the information to the angels, Lucifer had anticipated they would be scared and confused. It was in this state of confusion, he will pretend to be their savior and get them to be on his side.

He was very unbothered. He needed to get that key from Nahamani very soon. He knew that the lies he had been telling would not hold on for much longer.

"Master, how could you not hold them?" Kemuel asked in an accusing tone. Lucifer eyed him cautiously. Kemuel could be a huge problem to him and he would not mind killing him if he had to.

"I didn't hold them. I let them walk freely". He said. The angels started to murmur after this.

"Why would you do that, they are traitors, they could escape". He half yelled. Lucifer sighed.

"To where?" Kemuel closed his mouth after this.

"They are traitors, yes but they are angels who should know when to obey a command. I commanded them to walk in front of me, they didn't listen and Nahamani happened to be in the halls. As a sign of rebellion, they took her life. And then I took theirs". He explained with a deadpanned tone. Everything Lucifer did annoyed Kemuel. Did he not care? Why was he being so nonchalant?

"Still.....master, you could have at least...."

"They have a choice. Freely given by the maker and they chose to disregard my orders and they paid for it. Which is what you wanted and my wish was granted. This conversation is over". He said and he turned to walk away. Kemuel however called him back.

"What about the tournament? And the new batch of angels and the new rank?" He asked.

"We'll redo the tournament next time". Lucifer replied.

"But we need new angels, that has always been the pattern. Won't it affect our daily routine?" Kemuel asked. Lucifer clenched his fists.

"It probably might".

"Then we need to...."

"IF YOU REALLY WANT TO HAVE YOUR ANGELS SO BAD, WHY DON'T YOU ASK THE MAKER FOR THEM YOURSELF!" Lucifer yelled shutting Kemuel up and shocking everyone in the room. With a frustrated growl, he opened the door of the hall and left it to slam on its own. Michael hurried after him.

"Master, please what's wrong?" He asked. Lucifer walked very fast and Michael had to swift to his front to stop him. It was a terrible idea because immediately, Lucifer pushed him with so much force, he landed almost at the end of the long passage. Lucifer was losing himself. The hunger for power was slowly overtaking him. He clenched his fists again before walking towards Michael with an outstretched arm. Michael took it and got up staring at Lucifer intently. The latter sighed to calm himself down.

"Nothing. I am fine". With that, he began to walk away. He needed to hear something that will make him calm. He needed to get that key.

"That angel had better release what's mine". He said to himself.

***

The loud crack that echoed through the room made Gadreel cringe. Adriel had been punching Nahamani since Lucifer left but it didn't get Nahamani to talk. Gadreel refused to hit her because he didn't want Adriel to snap.

Adriel gave another punch.

And another.

And another. But Nahamani didn't talk. Adriel cried out in frustration. She wanted to kill the angel so badly. She didn't think she would be able to face Lucifer again if she failed. He could even kill her.

"Oh you are tired already? You seem not to have a backbone as I thought". Nahamani teased. Adriel faced her with glowing eyes.

"Shut up!" She attacked. She didn't understand why the angel wouldn't just talk. The more she delayed, the more Lucifer would get irritated and would actually want to kill her.

"I am trying to help you here. What I have just done is nothing compared to what Lucifer would do to you when he returns". She said. Nahamani laughed.

"Help me? You? You're trying to save yourself. You just want his attention so badly don't you?" She asked. Adriel frowned at her in response. Nahamani laughed again.

"Can't you see he cares for no one but himself. See you both, cowering before him because he has held you, hostage, threatening you with your own lives that are not even in his power". She said. Adriel smacked her across the face again.

"I asked you to shut up". Adriel blocked out what she was saying. Lucifer had promised them, her a great reward. Freedom to do whatever she wanted and she could even be at Lucifer's right side.

"He has nothing to offer you. He's using you both". Nahamani continued.

"On the contrary, he has everything to offer us. He can give me everything I have ever wanted". Adriel replied with a smile. Nahamani huffed.

"And then he'll take away everything you have that one day you would come to realize was more important". Adriel tired of hearing her talk drew her sword about to kill her. It was then Gadreel held her hand.

"Are you that dumb? He needs her alive". He said frantically trying to hold a very angry Adriel. This female had run mad. She indeed was meant to be at Lucifer's side.

"Can't you see Gadreel? She wants to die rather than serve Lucifer. Let me help her fulfill her wishes". She replied about to lunge forward again. The three angels in the room were so occupied with each other, they didn't notice a fuming Lucifer behind them.

He greeted them with a growl and they all turned to look at him. They stared at him in shock. Lucifer had red glowing eyes and had dark veins around his face.

"Master, your face". Gadreel called out. Lucifer however did not reply and came after Nahamani. He wrapped his fingers around her neck and began to squeeze it.

"Give me the key". He growled. Nahamani struggled against his hold. She could not move because her hands had been chained. She could only stare at the menacing face of Lucifer as she was slowly losing her consciousness.

"GIVE IT TO ME!" He yelled. Nahamani's eyes started to close and it was then Lucifer felt something in between his hand. He released her neck and there it was. The key he had been looking for. He then smiled at her as she stared at him in shock.

"Well well, look who had been hiding on your neck all this while". He said.