34

FLASHBACK 4
Lucifer stared for a long time at his hands in shock, and it was definitely not because of the scrawny look of his hands. The creature that had humiliated him before his subjects had long since walked past him and now he was busying himself with the items on the trees. One by one he would pick them and throw some into his mouth and others he will put in a large leaf, probably storing them for later.

Those things were edible?! NO! It's this creature that has lost its mind. Why would he put substances of a tree in his mouth? Why will he put anything there at all?

Those were thoughts that surrounded his head when he had finally faced the creature with his eyes in the right order. The creature walked around numerous times, admiring the garden, playing with the other creatures and eating everything he could from the trees. Sometimes, his eyes would dart towards Lucifer but he never spoke neither did he act like he saw anyone there. It was near impossible to ignore someone like this, no matter how angry you are.

Also considering the fact that they look alike in a way and they also found themselves in a different kind of world, they should not even be avoiding each other. Unless...

"He can't see us". Gadreel said coming close to him. Lucifer cringed inwardly. He hated that Gadreel was coming to tell him something he already had an answer to.

"I know". Came his short reply.

Gadreel nodded slowly. Outwardly it seemed like all the events that took place prior to this time hadn't affected him but inwardly, he was dying. Not only did the fear of going insane hold him down, but also the fear that Lucifer would want nothing to do with him ever again because they had failed him. He was extremely happy that Lucifer at least answered his question.

"How will we communicate with it then?" Gadreel asked, pushing his limits. Lucifer clenched his jaw before replying. He didn't think that the creature was an 'it' but then he also didn't know if he could classify it as one of them, so he just went on with it.

"There isn't a way". He replied. Lucifer was extremely confused. Why send them here, into a beautiful garden that was theirs by the way and then add another creature that they could not even speak to? What was he doing?

"Is there a chance that we could--"

"Kill it? No. We also cannot touch it remember? Besides we have no weapons and nothing seems harmful here". They resumed their studying of the strange person in the garden. At this point, that was all the angels could do.

"Did you see it put that item in its mouth?" Gadreel asked. Lucifer only nodded.

"Disgusting". He said. "What kind of being is this?"

"One we do not understand". Lucifer replied in a whisper. Although he said 'we', he actually meant ''I'. He felt so weak in comparison to the creature and it became worse because he cannot even speak to it, or understand his actions. He was like someone learning about life all anew. It was horrifying.

While he was going over this in his head, the creature stood up and faced the sky. Lucifer followed his gaze and saw nothing up there.

What now? We have no sight too?
However when he stared intently, he noticed the look on the creature's face and his eyes widened for the hundredth time. He knows that look, there was no way he could miss it. That was the look of someone who had unwavering loyalty, trust and hope in someone. A deity. Someone who is listening to the voice of...him.

"It can't be". Lucifer almost yelled.

His legs involuntarily moved closer to get a better look. The creature was still staring at the sky and after a while he nodded. That was the only proof Lucifer needed. He was talking to this creature and not him? The creature that was odd from the rest of them? This it?!

After the creature nodded, it faced forward again and then whistled. Lucifer eyebrows shot up.

What was he doing?
Lucifer then watched as all the other creatures both the big and small ones appeared before the creature and arranged themselves in a straight line. He marveled.

Did he just command all these angels with a whistle?

He stared at the creature's perfect face, he had no sign that he was in control. Instead, it smiled and tapped the head of the lesser creature before him like they were friends. Lucifer frowned. What a weakling! This is why he should be in charge.

After a while, the creature stepped back and sighed before pointing to the first lesser creature.

"I name you Raccoon". Lucifer audibly gasped. Not only was he shocked that the creature could talk but it could also create names for the others. As the creature heard its new name, it walked out of the line and back to what it was doing before.

"Impossible". Lucifer gasped.

"Only God has the ability to give names". Gadreel said to him, his mouth also wide open
.
"Not anymore". Lucifer said in disbelief.

"I name you Elephant". A large creature made a loud sound from a trumpet attached to its skin and walked away. This went on and on and on. Soon after, the creature had given names to all the other living things in the garden and he collectively called them animals.

"Animals". Lucifer repeated. The name sounded foreign to him, just like the name of each of the animals but yet somehow he felt like they were absolutely correct.

The former cherub frowned immediately. How could this thing lead others? What did it have that he doesn't? it had no golden glow to its skin, it had no golden eyes or silver or anything glowy. It was just there so how?!

Lucifer yelled out his frustration but just like he expected the creature did not pay attention to him.

"Master Lucifer". Gadreel called. "I--"
Lucifer interrupted him by grabbing his neck.

"Do I look like a master to you?". He said in anger, squeezing Gadreel's neck in delight. "I was once a master, but now..." His attention turned to the creature biting out of something reddish."Now, I am a slave to a stranger".

After these words, Lucifer threw Gadreel to another direction and he didn't care where he landed. He then faced the creature with a glare, he clenched his fists.

"I will not bow down to a lesser creature". He said with determination.