3|

-The morning before....-

Shinsou Pov

.
.
.
.
.
Get up, brush teeth, hear Mic yelling in the living room, get dressed, grab bag, say bye to Eri, walk to school. My routine was pretty simple, it was your typical, everyday, school morning routine.

Except this morning was a bit different...Get up, brush teeth, hear Mic yelling in the living room, get dressed, grab bag, say bye to Eri, go to leave only to get interrupted by a looking down Aizawa leaning against the door with his arms crossed.

"Hitoshi, you know, you and those grades of yours are becoming quite impressive..."

Shit, he wants something. Aizawa saying nice things out of the kindness of his heart, no way.

"What do you want D-Mr. Aizawa?"

 Shit, there I go again. I really need to stop almost calling him dad, I mean I know about 10 months ago when he and Mic finalized adopting me they told me I'm family and to call them whatever I like but I still haven't been able to call either of them "dad" or anything like that without immediately apologizing or feeling out of place.

(What's that? A Shinsou backstory as a filler chapter later in the story? Nooo...Neverrrr.....Unless?........heh)

He shifts and looks up at me, "Y'know, if you want to call me or Mic anything other than our names we are totally fine with that, right?"

"Yeah uh...I guess I'm just taking longer to process than I thought I would...What were you saying about my grades?"

"Yes right, you're doing very well academically so I was wondering how you would feel about maybe helping someone who isn't so...good academically?"

I am not about to be stuck tutoring someone. Hell. No. Not only would I have to socialize but why me?! I shoot him a "no fucking way" look and raise my eyebrow. "There is absolutely no way I'm going to tutor someone Aizawa."

"C'mon Hitoshi", He sighs, "I wouldn't ask if I didn't need it."

"Can't someone else tutor them?! Why me?"

His tone changes to a more serious tone as he maintains eye contact with me. "Hitoshi I honestly don't think anyone has the amount of patience it would take. This student is falling extremely behind and is on the verge of having to drop the Hero course."

"Wait what?! So I'm basically what's going to either keep them in the hero course or get them kicked out? Does whoever it is even know about this?!"

"Everyone in the Hero course is made fully aware of the consequences of not maintaining your grades. In his case, it isn't a matter of him not doing the work, though he does have many missing assignments. From looking back on his grades and tests it seems to be that he isn't retaining and understanding the work. He's a sweet kid and it's obvious he wants to become a hero, he just is a little more academically challenged than the rest of the class."

"Whatever. I'll meet whoever he is and tutor him, BUT if he drives me crazy or something I'm backing out."

Aizawa gives me a small, but hopeful smile, "Thank you Hitoshi, you can meet him after school in the library."

-Present Time-

Shinsou Pov (still)

The school day just finished and I'm about to head back to my dorm when I remember I have to spend my afternoon tutoring. Fuck. I shoot Mr. Aizawa a quick text.

Shinsou 😴😸: Uhhh where am I supposed to go to tutor this kid?

Dadzawa ☕😐: Library. Also, he's not a kid, he's 15 just like you. You will know you've got this right person by his bright yellow hair.

Read: 3:44PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I head to the library, when I get there I'm a little surprised by how big it is. I walk around seeing people talking in groups, until I come across a boy with very yellow hair, accompanied by a black lightning bolt. He's staring into space with a blank face and shaking leg. I walk over to the table he's sitting at and sit in the seat across from him. 

I debated how to grab his attention so I clear my throat very loudly, a little too loudly because it seemed to grab everyone's attention in the library. He flinches and zones back into reality.

He puts on a smile, "Are you my tutor?", he asks. I nod and think about the evening ahead...