Chapter 21: Interrogation

(A/n: I made a Studio Ghibl fanfiction. Y'all can go check it out if you want to.)

A day later after that whole argument. Nerida was training Kanari new techniques and aquatic spells. The ghosts were forced to stay at home. Why? Even though they are all good company Nerida needs a break from their constant bickering especially with Tobriama and Izuna/Madara.

Nerida had to convince all six of them to be alone. The worst part was it took two hours to even convince ONE of them.

Nerida also created another goal to achieve. To change Madara's mind about his dream to achieve peace.

Whenever they were alone together Madara was still talking about his goal and no matter how many times Nerida tried to convince him to stop. He wouldn't listen. It would always result in violence.

It was frustrating but she isn't going to give up that easily.

But right now Nerida was helping Kanari with her training. She is doing well but she needs more practice on her movements and balance on her spells.

But there was a spell Kanari couldn't get and this one spell was: Serpent Tsunami. She has trying to create a large wave that resembles a sea serpent but all she could make was just a tiny wave of water that was at the same height she was.

Which was pretty small.

Kanari screamed in frustration. "Why can't I get this right?!" The young girl sulked as Nerida sweatdroped.

Nerida walked over toward Kanari and rubbed her back.

"Hey, its okay if you don't get it the first time. Heck! I didn't even get in on the first week!" Nerida said.

Kanari looked at her teacher with wide eyes. "You didn't...?"

Nerida laughed a little. "It took me almost four months to even get it right and master it."

Nerida moved her hand up to Kanari's shoulder. "You can do it." She encouraged with a smile.

Kanari stood up and then made a little 'Hmph!' With a confident nod.

The dark haired girl closed her eyes and started to concentrate. Then her hands started to glow into a light blue as droplets of water surrounded her hands and moved slowly. But the water was dripping a little and losing control.

"Calm down first and hear the movments of the water." Nerida instructed.

Kanari took a deep breath with her eyes still closed and added a bit more power to her hands. The dripping stopped and the two puddles infront of her were just floating.

Nerida nodded "Thats it. Now picture a large serpent in your head, a fierce creature with menacing cold eyes."

Kanari did as she was told and started to picture a large sea serpent swimming in the depths of the ocean. Then the water kept rising like an actual tsunami.

Unbeknownst to Kanari. A large serpent was slithering around Nerida. Nerida's eyes widen as she saw the large beast slithering infront of her. The large beast has white and blue scales with large ears like a siren, and its cold cyan eyes piercing through her soul.

Then the large creature spoke.

"She needs to know... she deserves the truth...."

Nerida quickly turned to Kanari and saw that the corners of her eyes slightly had little blue markings as the brown eyed girl lifted her hands with large amount of force.

Then large tsunami wave turned into a serpent and it crashed Kanari and Nerida.

When Kanari opened her eyes all she saw was a lots of puddles covering the dry grass with its cold wet texture.