1. run-in

֎

֎

You had moved into a new place about 2 weeks ago. it was nice and cozy, reminding you of your house in miyagi from when you were little.

there was a little old lady neighbor who lived right next door and baked you cookies every friday. she told you about how she had grandchildren, around your age, but none of them came to visit. she also told you to call her grandma, and without a doubt you accepted. she was probably the only person you had met that lived there. as far as you knew, everyone else was a hermit and antisocial.

y/n's boyfriends
9:23 pm

akaashit
y/n what time are we hanging out tomorrow?

BOKUTOOO
YEA I WANNA KNOW😛

boi
i cancelled?????
i got called in for work

testicle
make that bank sis 😋

kenmer
shut up kuroo
y/n i've offered you a million times just play video games with me on stream
millions would pay for ur bath water

BOKUTOOO
i'd buy that shit tbh

ummm???
not you all acting as if i'm not ur sugar momma??
kenma. you own a video game company and are a streamer.
akaashi. you own a mf manga company.
bokuto. you're literally a professional volleyball player.
kuroo. you work for  japan volleyball association.
every single time we eat out i pay
gn

akaashit
only because you offer
i would never decline free food 🤷🏻‍♂️

BOKUTOOO
I WOULD SO HELP PAY
but i always forget my wallet

how are you older than me

testicle
DOMT HATE ON HIM JUST BECAUSE HES A LIL FORGETFUL 🤬🤬🤬

BOKUTOOO
not THAT forgetful
i can remember that time when y/n and akaashi pulled an all nighter binge watching the bachelorette!!!!!
when one time all of us had a sleepover at kenmas to play video games and y/n cried over fnaf.
ALSO the time y/n literslly pissed herself when playing fnaf

the way i was just exposed
ALSO
SHUT THE FUCK UO AHOUT PISSING MYSELF WE MADE AN AGREEMENT TO NEVER APESK OF THAT AGAIN

akaashit
the bachelorette is fucking good idc

kenmer
shut up i'm on stream rn
also go to sleep y/n you probably start work early tomorrow

AWEEEE
this is y i love kenma💖💖

testicle
why is he so nice to her and not me😔

kenmer
shut the fuck up

you turned your phone off and layed your back against the bed. a few more notifications went off from the groupchat, but you just ignored them, as you needed to focus on sleeping.

just as you closed your eyes and layed in your comfy sheets, your stomach grumbled. without even thinking you groaned and threw the covers off of you out of frustration.

you walked to your fridge just to see that you hadn't gone grocery shopping yet this week.
"are you kidding me? whatever. i'll walk to the dollar store down the street." you slipped on your tennis shoes and a hoodie, as it was starting to get colder lately.

grabbing your keys, you unlocked your front door and opened it. your neighbor, who you hadn't met before, was also leaving his apartment. he was a red headed guy, looked to be around 5'7. he was built and was wearing a hoodie with a 21 on the front and some sweatpants. he looked quite familiar.

you really weren't in the mood to converse, so you just locked your door and headed to the elevator.

"Hey!! are you the new neighbor? granny told me about you, but i wasn't ever able to see you. i wanted to greet you and welcome you into the building. it's nice to see someone my age live here. the rest of them are all old."

you looked at him blankly, not wanting to talk right now with a stranger.

although, he was a cute stranger. whatever. "yea! i moved in about two weeks ago. i figured i'd be the only one here who was pretty young. how old are you?"

the elevator dinged, signaling the supposedly end of the conversation. "i'm 22. i moved in about 5 months ago, so i haven't been here that long, but i still know more about the place than you." he teased as you both made your way to the exit of the building together. you roll your eyes playfully and ignore his comment. "i'm going left, so goodbye. also, what's your name? i'd like to be friends with someone who isn't an old lady."

his eyes lit up a bit at mention of making friends. "Hinata Shoyo! what's yours?"

that was when it all clicked. your eyes widened in realization, as he was one of bokuto's teammates. "That's why you're so familiar. i'm L/n Y/n! are you part of the MSBY Black Jackals?" you question just to double check.

"yea! how'd you know?" the ray of sunshine in front of you beamed at you once again.

you smiled at him. "you're quite popular. bye hinata!" you waved at him and walked away. it was a sort of dramatic way to end the conversation, but you were getting a bit nervous around the attractive male.

you walked inside of the dollar store, grabbed your favorite snack and some water. you figured you could go shopping for actual groceries once you get home from work tomorrow.

you pay with a $20 bill and leave. on the way home, all you could think about was how small of a world this was. it was pretty cheesy, but you didn't care. bokuto had talked about him before, and he seemed like how bokuto described. you enjoyed his company for that short 5 minute conversation.

֎

unlocking the door to your apartment, you go to your bedroom and open your bag of chips. it was now 9:47. you turned on an episode of your favorite anime and ate your snack until you weren't so hungry anymore.

by then, it was 10:12. you needed to get to sleep. you were working from 4am to 12pm tomorrow.

closing your eyes, the same person popped into your head.

֎

first chapters r always short sorry

lol i hope u like it