epilogue

֎

֎

7 years later

֎

you had been woken up at around 8:30am on a sunday, by a sneeze.

you turned to your left, and looked at hinata's still figure, the only thing movie was his chest as he snored quietly.

you admired the soft expression on his face. cupping his cheek with your right hand, your thumb rubbed along his cheek bone.

you heard that sneeze again and sighed, knowing you had to get up eventually.

you say up straight and stretched, making sure not to wake shoyo. stepping out of the warm bed, you quickly grab one of shoyo's hoodies and slide it on, once again surrounding yourself with warmth.

you walk out of your room and down the dark hallway. your only source of light was coming from the sun outside, but was covered a bit by uneven blinds, causing the lighting to be more of a grey color, rather than a sunny yellow.

walking into the desired room though, sunshine filled the air.

you saw your daughter, chiyo, laying in bed shivering.

"you okay, chi?" you ask, tiredly.

the 5 year old only nodded, then sneezed again.

chiyo was a silent kid with her own unique personality, not really gaining many traits from either of her parents. the main difference between her and her parents was that chiyo was a listener. only speaks when spoken to, and even then it's normally just short answers.

she was also quite intelligent, sometimes even outsmarting hinata, not that it's hard to do.

walking over to your daughter, you put a hand on her forehead. "you feel a bit warm. you sure you're okay?" she nodded again.

you figured the reason she was lying about feeling sick was because of how she didn't like to see you or hinata worried. mainly hinata. he was an emotional wreck when his little girl doesn't feel good.

she suddenly and unexpectedly spoke up. "are uncle akaashi and bokuto still coming over today?"

so that's the reason.

"yea, around 2. they're also bringing some friends." you chuckled at the girl. "if you're feeling sick though, it's not the smartest idea."