8 - THE moment

֎

֎

hinata pulls into an oddly familiar parking lot. one that you had seen, but not been to close to before.

he gets out, and then opens your door for you, grabbing your hand as you get out. you and him now had a loose hand hold. one that was small, but comforting nonetheless.

getting out of the car and looking around, you know exactly where you are.

the playground near your apartment.

you chuckle and give him a knowing look. "very romantic of you." he nods but stays silent as he leads you to the swing sets where you and him had your first chance at getting to know each other.

both of you sit down. him on the left, you on the right. it was silent for a moment before he spoke up. "y'know, y/n. i'm glad you actually accepted my date proposal. i was worried you'd only thought of me in a 'friend' way." he used finger quotes in the air to try to emphasize what he meant.

you snicker and turn your swing to face his. you tilt your head while your eyes looked towards the ground, suddenly getting a wave of embarrassment. "for a bit, i tried to deny my feelings, as i didn't think you would've returned them. i assumed you were too caught up in work to really even look in my direction, so i tried to shrug my feelings off."

he lifts your face up by grabbing your chin with his thumb and index finger, much like he had once before. but this time, it was different. more intimate. "i've had a crush on you from the moment i first talked to you. it's weird, because i normally would be mainly driven and too busy with volleyball, but ever since you told me your name, my mind has been filled with thoughts about you. it's super corny, i know." he chuckles, still looking you directly in the eyes.

for a split second, you weren't in control of your body anymore. it was as if you zoned out into his eyes for too long and you were now hypnotized.

leaning in towards him, as he does towards you as well, you and him both meet in the middle, soft lips touching. in this moment, you felt like everything had stopped, or at least slowed down. your heart rates synced, creaking from the swing set was no longer heard, vision was covered by your heavy eyelid.

the kiss lasted about 3 seconds, you and him both pulled away to process what had even happened.  blinked a very times before he pulled you in for another kiss. this time, much longer, and more needy.

pulling back after about a minute of doing that, you speak up. "how about we stop making out at a kids playground?" he laughs "no fun." he then sticks his tongue out at you in a teasing way.