5. polite people

֎

֎

3 days later

it was now 1:42am and you had just gotten home from a late night shift. you were absolutely exhausted, but you were the one who wanted this job, so you can't complain.

just going up the elevator had felt like a chore. pushing the button to your desired floor felt like you had aged 20 years.

as the elevator door opened and your home was now in sight, you started to sluggishly walk over, not realizing a himbo was outside of hinatas apartment.

"y/n!!" bokuto whisper screamed at you as he engulfed you in a hug. "hi bokuto. please put me down and let me go inside of my apartment."

"y/nnnnnnn they locked me out of hinatas apartment" bokuto said with puppy dog eyes. you honestly didn't feel like dealing with this today. grabbing bokutos hand as if he were a toddler, you walk up to hinatas door and knock on it.

"we already told you bokuto, you're not allowed in yet. we aren't done making cookies." some cocky unfamiliar voice says.

"it's y/n. the next door neighbor. open up." you sounded a bit too rude, but you didn't really care.

you could hear the locks jingle and then the door knob turn. from behind it, shows a tall guy with bleach blonde hair. "y/n?? you're much prettier in person."

you give him a look that shattered all his hopes of even trying to get with you. "thanks. let bokuto inside. is hinata there?" while you were tired, it couldn't hurt to at least say hi.

"yea one sec. HINAATAAAAAA" the blonde screeched. your eyes widened as the blonde had no sense of self control when it came to his voice. hinata came jogging over. "atsumu! we have neighbors! stop. oh, hi y/n! it's nice to see you"

you laughed and your face seemed to brighten up from just seeing him. "hi hinata! i just got back from work and saw bokuto outside of your door." bokuto was still behind you, his chin resting on the top of your head.

hinata rubbed the back of his neck and looked away, a bit embarrassed. "okay well, part of it was because he kept eating the cookie dough and the other part of it was because we thought it would be a bit funny."

bokuto laughed at the statement. what? "bokuto i thought you were upset?" you questioned him.

"nah, not really. on the bright side, i got to see you! well i'll be going now. bye, y/n!" bokuto leaned down and gave you a rather large huge, one that he doesn't give often. out of the corner of your eyes, you could see hinata looking at him with a death glare. you shrugged it off and hugged him back. "bye, bokuto." you pushed him off of you and waved goodbye, walking to your apartment and unlocking the door.

as soon as you got inside, you took off your scrubs and changed into a hoodie and pj shorts. they were a bit too short, but you slept in them, so it wasn't like anyone else would be seeing them. you were in the comfort of your own home after all.

plopping down into your familiar bed sheets, your eyes closed as exhaustion took over.

֎

beep beep

beep beep

beep bee-

you slammed your hand down onto your alarm clock. you had forgotten to turn it off from yesterday. squinting your eyes to look at the time, the clock read 6:30 am.

scoffing obnoxiously, you sit up and get out of bed. walking over to your dresser, you put on some comfy socks as your feet were colder than the rest of your body.

as you walked into the kitchen and make some hot coffee, you yawn and look at the sunrise. it was just about to go over the horizon, so you figure it'd be better to go outside and watch it now that never.

grabbing your mug with fresh coffee in it, you slowly make your way to your terrace and sit down in your comfy outdoor two-seater bench.

you rubbed your eyes and took a deep breath. you didn't have to do anything today, so you felt relieved that you got to spend the morning watching the sunrise. you were in perfect silence. the only sounds were coming from the traffic below, and the faint noise of laughter from your next door neighbors.

looking to your right, there was hinata's terrace. no one was outside, but you guessed that everyone was awake. whether they had stayed up all night or just woke up early was a mystery to you, but you didn't really care.

the sun started to poke up from the horizon. colors of gold and yellow burn onto your face, making you look as if you were glowing. at this point, you had felt a moment of complete contentment. it had seemed as though time stopped for you and everything around you.

do you know the feeling you get once you reach the top of the roller coaster? when you take a deep breath? whenever it's snowing and everything is so crisp? that's how you had felt in this very moment.

wind blew through your hair as you smiled at the sunrise as if it was your greatest achievement in life. you closed your eyes and just focused on breathing.

the terrace to your right had now housed 4 people, all staring at you like you were some goddess. the 4 volleyball boys were in awe. 1 of them in particular looked as though he was absolutely smitten.

from his point of view, was the most perfect woman he had ever seen, wearing his hoodie nonetheless. the golden sunrise complimenting all the features of her seemingly flawless face.

suddenly, you spoke.

"man, i should really buy a cat." you opened your eyes and looked to your right slowly.

what the fuck.

"with that, my moment of peace has been ruined by a group of idiots." standing up from the bench, you turned around and walked inside, forgetting that you had hinata's hoodie on, with the number 21 smacked across the front and back. thankfully, it was long enough to cover up your shorts, so no one got to look at anything.

֎

ZAMN HOPE U LIKE

this was fun but i feel like i keep rushing my stories😰😰😰😰

next chapter is a bit 🤨😋😏