5

Sorry this is mad late lmfaooo

Normani's breathing got choppy as she inserted another finger. Her mind went cloudy as she quickly approached the release she so longed for. Right as that moment of bliss hit, the image of Namjoon leaning in overtook her thoughts.

The small "fuck" she let out wasn't said in pleasure but instead out of frustration. She's been avoiding him for almost a week! Why couldn't she just get over him and that stupid almost kiss.

She rolled her eyes as she got up to clean herself up. Maybe she should try meditating or some shit 'cause this energy just wasn't it.

There was a knock on the door and rolled her eyes. "Hold on," she called out as she found some shorts to slip on. If this was Jungkook bothering her for some milk again she was gonna beat him up.

She opened the door and was surprised to see Namjoon in front of her. Part of her wanted to slam the door in his face and the other part wanted it to be one of those sexy movie scenes where he just takes her in his arms and kisses her as she stumbles back into the room and he just makes a mess of her on the bed. Actually...maybe that's all she wanted.

"Hey, so I know you kinda want nothing to do with me right now, so I made study guides for the next three chapters and what's gonna be on the mid term. Sorry about the other night Mani. Like I'm really sorry I'm not that kinda guy it's just- sorry I'm" he takes a breath as he hands her the binder he made here. "When you're ready, if you want to talk I'll apologize again but I'll give you your space." He gives a tight smile before walking off.

Normani looks at the binder in her hand and sighs he even put Hello Kitty stickers on it for her. He shouldn't be apologizing, she should. What was she even mad at him for?? He wasn't her man and the only *romantic* thing that happened to them was that almost kiss. She had zero reason to be mad!

"You're a fucking dick head." She huffed to herself as she set the binder down.

Namjoon pressed send on his last email of the night before letting out a long sigh. At least for the rest of his shift he could chill. He still felt bad about the situation with Mani but she had a right not to want to talk to him. He missed her though. He took out his phone and responded to some messages, hoping for a miracle that Normani would send him a message.

A thud broke him out of his daydream as he looked up to see Normani herself. She nodded at the binder she dropped in front of him.

"Keep it and teach me instead." She crossed her arms in front of her.

He gave her a small smile as he reached for something in the drawer next to him. He handed her a key and pointed up to one of the study rooms. "I'll be up in a second." He turned to the man next to him. "I'm taking my break."

Normani walked away as cool as possible. She wasn't fully expecting to pick up where they left off but hey, I guess it's better to release the sexual tension then talk it out. She practically skipped to the study room trying to figure out how this would work. Should she sit on the table, would it be easier if he was in a chair and she was on top. She squealed as the multiple ideas ran flooded her mind.

"I'll do this," she whispered to herself as she lowered the zipper on her sweater and sat at the edge of the table to wait for him.

He entered the room shortly after. "I only have an hour so it'll be a little quick." He smiled apologetically as he removed his hoodie.

Normani closed her eyes waiting for his embrace and their lips to finally meet but was met with nothing. She looked behind her at Namjoon writing things on the white board.

"Oh we really studying," she grumbled. Maybe her sexual fantasies of Namjoon should stop because this was the second time today she got her hopes up and was severely disappointed.

At least from this angle she could admire the way his back muscles moved as he wrote.

-

Normani lingered as Namjoon finished the last of his closing duties. He made sure all the printers were off before smiling at Normani. "Ready?"

She nodded as they walked out together. There was silence as they both thought of what to say. There was so much to say but where to start was the issue.

"I have my car...I can drive you to your dorm." Mani spoke softly. He let her take the lead into her beloved van.

More silence filled the air as they let the car warm up.

'Fuck it,' He thought.

"Mani I'm sorry-"

"So I wanna apologize-"

They laughed as she playfully nudged him. "You said your bit earlier let me speak," she giggled.

"I want to apologize for just ghosting you like that. It's just I've been cheated on before so I never want to be that person who does that. I'm not 100% sure what's going on with you and Lauren but in that moment it felt like we were doing something wrong but I should've communicated that to you before just ghosting you for a week. I'm sorry."

He had a tiny smile on his lips. "I'm sorry too. I also shouldn't have came onto you like that. Lauren and I we're...complicated but we are not together. We tried that out once and it didn't work but sometimes we do the physical stuff. But I'm sorry for putting you in a situation like that and for making you feel bad. I really am."

She grins at him. "Did you miss me?" She teases.

"Not one bit!" He smirks at her, laughing as she rolls her eyes.

"All's forgiven?" She sticks her pinky out.

He loops his pinky with hers and smiles. "All's forgiven."

"Good," She gave him a hug. "I missed you."

"I missed you too."