Welcoming arrival

The Hogwarts Express pulled into Hogsmeade station and the students alighted, happy the rain had ceased as they walked to the Thestral drawn carriages.

The five friends boarded a carriage, joined by another third year student, Yuffie Wallace. She happily chatted away to the five, completely oblivious to the fact that the boys weren't the slightest bit interested in what she was saying, and the girls were... well they weren't fans. Yuffie was an airhead and she was very good friends with Parvati. As the only girls in third year Yuffie, Lavender, Parvati and Hermione always shared a dorm.

The two girls got on quite well with Parvati but most of the time it was Hermione and Lavender in one 'clique' and Parvati and Yuffie in another. They very rarely all interacted together.

The carriage arrived and the two girls especially jumped off quick, Hermione grabbing Y/N's hand tightly. She didn't like the look in Yuffie's eyes when she looked at Y/N, or gushed over his tattoos in the carriage. Y/N had awkwardly changed the subject when she did.

As the five walked towards the Great Hall they heard Professor McGonagall calling out loudly: "Potter, L/N, Granger to me please!"

The five students walked over before McGonagall sent Lavender and Ron away to the Great Hall and took the three remaining students into her office.

"I just wanted to check you were both ok Potter, L/N. Professor Lupin sent word that you took ill on the train Harry."

"I'm fine" Harry snapped, embarrassed at the fuss being made. It was just then that Poppy rushed into the room.

"Potter and L/N. L/N and Potter. I should've known it was you two, always worrying poor Ms Granger and I" the matron said grumpily.

"It was Dementors, Poppy. Potter passed out" McGonagall said sadly, going straight in to bat for the boys. Poppy grew a look of anger. She quickly looked Harry over.

"Should've known, they always affect those who are fragile."

"I'm not fragile" Harry snapped.

"Of course you're not" Poppy replied absentmindedly. Minerva turned to Y/N:

"And you L/N- Lupin said you blocked the dementor from getting in the carriage. That you got a full blast."

"I'm fine Professor" Y/N said standing tall next to Hermione. "I'm fairly experienced with keeping Dementors out now."

"Yes I know Y/N. I'm sorry for what happened to you. Albus told me you had to... I'm just glad you're ok" the aged professor said sadly.

Y/N smiled, replying: "I'm fine ma'am. I trust you know the reason behind me going?"

McGonagall smiled and nodded looking at Hermione. Y/N said happily:

"My girl and her family are ok, so I'm ok."

Hermione leant her head happily on Y/N's arm as Poppy yelled out:

"Harry's ok but could do with some chocolate"

"I've already had chocolate. Professor Lupin gave it to me" Harry snapped again.

"Finally got a defence teacher who knows his remedies then" Poppy said snarkily.

"If you're ok you can go Harry. I need to talk to Y/N and Hermione about their timetables" McGonagall smiled.

Harry left grumpily as did Madam Pomfrey. Minerva turned to Y/N:

"So Y/N, were you able to...?"

Y/N smirked and pulled his timeturner out from under his robes. McGonagall smiled before handing one to Hermione who placed it around her neck, on top of the necklace Y/N got her in first year.