Guilt is a hell of a weight to bear

Y/N had been mulling something over in his head, and in his heart. Something important. He lived by one important rule when it came to warfare. One Jacob had instilled in him from almost the day he rescued him.

You never leave a comrade behind.

Y/N couldn't help but shake the feeling he had done this. It was an impossible task when Y/N had first come back, but now, with the abilities Castiel had granted him.... now he had a way.

Y/N had developed a plan. A plan so foolish, so reckless, so very dangerous that no one could know about it. Not Harry, not Sam, not Dumbledore, not even Hermione. Definitely not Hermione.

Y/N was going to do something so rash, so foolish, so damn stupid no one would even consider it had happened, let alone that it had been carried out by a fourteen year old third year.

He was going to break into Azkaban. Saturday night would be the time for it, after lights out, when everyone was asleep.

Y/N was pulled from his thoughts by Hermione kissing him. He snapped back to the moment and escaped his daydreaming as he gently returned the kiss. He quickly heard Lavender chuckling:

"Yep just like sleeping beauty."

Y/N raised an eyebrow and turned to his friend, asking:

"What are you talking about Lav?"

Lavender laughed again:

"Nothing just a muggle joke, we've got to head to class."

The five Gryffindors got up and left to go to Magical Creatures. As they were walking, Y/N and Hermione snuck off to Ancient Runes.

It was an enjoyable enough lesson, as the class continued to learn about Nordic Runes, before the pair time turned and went to Hagrid's hut.

—~—

After arguing with Ron about how the couple could possibly have arrived before them again, the class observed a group of hedgehogs on the ground near the hut.

"Gatha' round. Gatha' round. Got a real treat fer yers today!" Hagrid said excitedly.

As the class gathered round the small prickly animals, Malfoy asked snarkily:

"What? A bunch of hedgehogs?"

Hagrid laughed and responded quickly:

"Thar's a Knarl here among the hedgehogs. Very mistrusting animals. How can yet identify which is the Knarl?"

Y/N walked up silently and sat on the ground cross legged beside the hedgehogs. Moments latter one of the small animals waddled over to him, climbed on his lap and flipped, exposing its belly for a tickle, which Y/N gladly provided. It was Spikes, the Knarl from the reserve, and he was very fond of Y/N. Spike's cute little smile as he got a tummy tickle caused the girls in the class to coo.

 Spike's cute little smile as he got a tummy tickle caused the girls in the class to coo