Chapter 9: Familiars

Rimuru's Pov

After the entire fiasco with Issei we arrived in the familiar forest in the Underworld, this is my first time not in the human realm.

Once Luminous and I were alone I immediately talked to her.

"Did you have to say something so embarrassing?"

Luminous looked back at me with a normal expression.

"Why not, I could barely hold back laughing at that idiot pervert. He thinks he is a hentai protagonist; it is annoying but he is so pathetic it is funny."

"Why did you have to say so much about you and I having sex though, we have never done that. Also, you know what hentai is?"

She gave me a smirk; she is really scary.

"Of course I know what hentai is, I've been in this world for a long time, naturally I would need entertainment. On the other hand why is it such a big deal what I said? I know from your other self you were reincarnated into that world from your life as a normal human, sex should be a normal thing right?"

After a few seconds she stopped and turned to me, she had a surprised expression.

"Unless, no way..... You were a virgin in your past life too, hahaha. Who would have thought, ahhh that is too funny."

It hurts to be made fun of for something like that, I had a goal centered lifestyle in my past life, work was priority, it's not like I was a losser or something.

"Hmph, I bet you miss immortal vampire has just as little experience, I bet you are the teasing type but wouldn't know what to do if someone made a move."

She started laughing.

"I have made many women fall into deep pleasure while they screamed my name, don't project your own inability to find a partner onto me."

I just kept staring at her, I get the feeling she is hiding something, or more accurately trying to cleverly talk around it.

Under my intense stare she started getting anxious, after a little while longer she cracked.

"Ok fine! I am a virgin too, unlike your pathetic inability to find a partner I am waiting for someone I love! Just because I am not going around tossing my body at people doesn't mean I am a losser like you!"

She seemed to pout visibly, that should be illegal with how beautiful she is.

After our strange conversation where we oddly learned about each other's sex lives we returned to silence, it was somewhat awkward but it wasn't too bad. Both of us were using our magic to try to find a suitable familiar.

"So what kind of familiar are you looking for?"

At my question she seemed to ponder for a little while.

"Slim, modest, cute, and not a burden hopefully with a sensitive body."

Why did she just describe what some people would describe as their ideal partner, is she looking for a girlfriend or a familiar? Maybe she thinks she can get both at the same place?

"Interesting, I am going for something that will be useful, probably something for eavesdropping since we don't need combat power on that level. Other than that I don't really care, I don't particularly want an ugly familiar though."

After we walked around for a little while Luminous finally seemed to sense something she was interested in. She took off running out of nowhere and I was forced to follow, when I arrived I saw an interesting sight.