Chapter 7- Bruno

I helped the family get ready for breakfast. I realized that my powers adapted to the Madrigals each time they touched me. The powers switched too much. By the time we sat down at the table, a small cloud grew over my head. Camilo took my hand and kissed it, making me smile. The cloud disappeared as Isabela brushed my hand.

"This is going to be a long day," I groaned.

I took deep breaths, closing my eyes. The sunlight was beaming on my face.

"Camilo! Stop pretending to be Dolores so you can have seconds," his father scolded.

I turned around as Camilo turned. He shrugged. "Worth a shot."

The shutters smacked his back, making him move. I giggled.

Luisa sighed after she finally put down the table. "There we go."

"Everyone! To the table. Let's go, let's go," Senora Madrigal said.

I sat next to Camilo at the end of the table. I still felt out of place, even when accepted.

Senora Madrigal smiled at me as she sat down. "Family, we are all thankful for the two great gifts Antonio and (Y/n)... received." Senora Madrigal looked down at the animals in her spot.

"I told them to warm up your seat," Antonio explained.

"Thank you, Tonito. I'm sure today we'll find a way to put your blessings to good use. We must-"

"You do!" Mirabel exclaimed, startling me.

"Mirabel. If you can't pay attention, I will help you."

"Uh, well actually-"

"Casita." The chair moved Mirabel to the front of the table. "As I was saying, we must never take our miracle for granted. So, today, we will work twice as hard."

Mirabel hummed in agreement. "I will help Luisa."

"Stop." The chair pushed her into the table. "First, an announcement. I spoke to the Guzmans about Mariano's proposal to Isabela. Dolores, do we have a date?"

Dolores leaned in slightly. "Tonight. He wants five babies."

Camilo snickered when pink flowers came out of Isabela's hair.

"Wonderful. Such a fine young man with a perfect Isabela. We will bring a new generation of magical blessings and make both of our families stronger."

Camilo turned into Mariano, teasing Isabela. She looked at me and flicked flowers into his face. I smiled. Camilo blew flowers out of his mouth as himself and scooted toward me. "Okay, our community is counting on us. La familia Madrigal!"

"La familia Madrigal!" we echoed.

Mirabel quickly left the table.

My footsteps were soft as I headed back to my room. I could feel Isabela's power coursing through my veins. I walked out and decorated the house with a multitude of colored flowers. They were so pretty, too. I felt proud of myself; something I hadn't felt in a while.

Then I felt shaking.

I left my house, worried. I walked into the Madrigal house, then into the first door that was open. "Mirabel?"

She froze. Green glass was glowing on her desk. I knew what it was. Bruno Madrigal's powers. She stayed silent as I walked over to her. I realized what the severity of the situation was when I looked into the glass. I couldn't believe the vision I was seeing. Then I looked up at Mirabel, who looked purely panicked.

"I will help you," I whispered assuringly to Mirabel.

Thunder cracked behind us. Both of us turned around to hide the glass.