4

"Ha? Why, what's wrong? We were just there last night and you didn't have a problem."

"You're not going because I said so!"

"That's not fair, you can't even tell me the reason!"

The oldest Sanchez intensely glared at his daughter as silence fell upon the living room. Mateo worriedly glanced at them, hiding under the dining table. The tension in the air was thick because the two rarely ever argued.

"I'm just messing with you," the man cracked up. (y/n) could only look at him in disbelief as her father mocked her. "You can't even tell me the reason!"

"Ay, Dios mio, you are so annoying, I swear."

"Of course, you can go, mija. I love Camilo too much to refuse."

"Can I go? Can I go?" The six year old ran up to her sister's side.

"Little Teo, how about you stay home with me today? We can visit La Casa Madrigal some other time, okay?" Their father suggested.

The little boy frowned but nodded his head. He wanted to see Antonio since they became friends at the party.

"Well! I'm off, I want to help out with the preparations." She ruffled her brother's hair and all of a sudden, she was being engulfed in a hug.

"My daughter is so kind and helpful. You remind me so much of your mother!"

"Okay, okay. I need air, Papá." She giggled and patted his shoulder.

Releasing from the hug, the girl fixed her dress and headed to the house of the Madrigal's, greeting the townsfolk she passed by.

It was still bright out, it always was in Encanto unless Pepa was really upset. As she strolled, she spotted Mariano leaning against a lamp post and reciting what seems to be a poem he wrote.

(y/n) smiled, thinking he was quite talented with writing such flowery words and also knowing how to sing and play the piano. Though, the girl never felt that Isabela truly was in love with the man, she hoped he would find someone perfect for him.

Once she reached La Casa Madrigal, she quickly greeted everyone she saw and decided to check up on Mirabel before helping out. She figured she needed assistance since Mirabel was following Luisa around earlier.

She made her way to the nursery, almost knocking until she heard noises inside. Her mind filling with curiosity, she pressed her ear gently against the door and heard muffled voices.

"We don't talk about Bruno!"

'Why are they mentioning Tío Bruno?' She thought.

"What if you didn't understand what he saw?"

'Is that Mirabel?'

"Then, you better figure it out because it was coming for you!"

'Figure out what-'

"What are they saying?" Camilo smirked, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed in front of the eavesdropping girl who flinched.

"Something about the man we don't speak of." She shrugged as the boy's expression dropped.

"You mean, the seven-foot framed man with rats along his back?"

(y/n) huffed out a laugh at his comment, "the what now?"

She didn't really remember him much anymore because she was only five when he disappeared. All she knows was that everybody decided not to talk about him because they think he makes bad things happen.

Which doesn't make sense to (y/n) because he can only see the future, not write the future. What's meant to happen will happen and it wasn't his fault.

"Never mind, bonita," he put his hand on her lower back and gently guided her down the stairs. "Tía Julieta wanted me to fetch you. She said she wanted your company while making her delicious arepas."

"Just hearing about it is making me drool already." the young Sanchez chuckled.

"I know right! Hey, I'd like to try your cooking sometime."

"Sure. You know, I can cook for you everyday."

"Really?"

"Yes. You just have to marry me." She smiled wildly at Camilo whose face was flushed red.

Dolores' ears twitched and she wore a goofy grin on her face.

"(y/n) Madrigal. It has a nice ring to it. Right, Camilo?" She teased even more and seeing him all flustered made her laugh which was music to the boy's ears. "I'm just messing with you, you're so cute."

Noticing that they already arrived in front of the kitchen, he softly pushed her to the room. "Okay, hi! I mean, bye! See you later, hermosa!"

Julieta shook her head with a smile as Camilo hurried away to calm his beating heart down.

"I'm almost done with cooking, you can help set the table," the younger girl nodded. "So, how's Mirabel?"

"She was talking to Tía Pepa and Tío Felix a while ago. Tía Julieta, what if the cracks that she saw was somehow related to... Bruno?"

Julieta tensed up at the name (y/n) mentioned before giving a huge sigh. "You don't need to worry about anything, hija. Bruno... has been gone for ten years and Casita is perfectly fine and standing, see?" She said as Casita moved its tiles gracefully.

"Mhm, I'm just worried about her is all." She took some plates in her hands and walked outside the kitchen.

"Isabela, your boyfriend's here!"

She turned to see Camilo transform into Mariano and flex his bicep. (y/n) couldn't help but laugh at him.

"Time for dinner!" Everybody gathered in the dining table, including the Guzman's.

(y/n) was seated between Camilo and his sister. She turned to Mirabel only to find her intensely staring at Dolores who made quiet squeaking noises.

"Avocado?" Mariano blocked her view.

Dolores quickly gestured for Camilo to come closer and whispered something about Bruno's vision which made the young girl give a concerned glance to her four-eyed friend.

Camilo involuntarily shape-shifted into Mirabel, then Bruno, and to himself but his eyes were... like Sid the Sloth's.

The Sanchez bit the inside of her cheek to stop herself from smiling as the corners of her lips faintly twitched up.

"Camilo, fix your face." Felix commanded, which made the boy shake his head to fix his eyes.

"Water?" Isabela handed a glass pitcher in front of Mirabel who quickly pushed it back but was too late.

Camilo whispered the same thing to his father, making him spit his water all over the food in front of him. (y/n) could only swallow her laughter down.

"Mirabel, the cream, please?" Abuela requested

"Pá, the cream?" Augustine awkwardly smiled as they passed the cream to Abuela. Meanwhile, Felix told Pepa about it as a thundercloud appeared above them.

"Pepa! The cloud." Abuela scolded, the Guzman's worriedly gazed at her as she muttered "clear skies" repeatedly.

Pepa also told her sister who immediately had a look of concern for her daughter. Mirabel glanced away and took a sip of her juice.

The whole situation made (y/n) anxious that she started fiddling with her fingers. Camilo reached out to hold her hand and intertwine their fingers like he always did when they were kids. He gently squeezed her hand with a reassuring grin, his pretty, brown freckles standing out against the lights.

Camilo gave the simplest smile, but it spoke a thousand words. In that moment, (y/n) knew everything would be okay.