Chapter 1: The Autoresponder

I'm kind of hungry...Nothing's laid out, so I guess I'll order carry out. I think I'll have pizza, although it's really not that good. There's only one thing that I want: some amusement in my day.

I picked up my phone, and ordered one of my previous selections. After paying, I received the text. Not a text from your average auto responder, but my favorite auto responder. Something about this guy...this devilishly handsome text-voice I have created in my head for the Pizza Da- I mean auto responder.

"Jake, your order will be delivered in 20 minutes."

"thx papa john
big jogn
daddy john"

"We're sorry, we did not understand that. txt HELP 4help. To decline, text STOP."

"ill see you tonight <3"

"bro, do you want the pizza or not??? southside's systems have been down, and im just trying to get extra pay"

Holy shit...

I've been doing this for MONTHS. But I will say, that voice just got hella cute. More importantly, how the heck do I answer to that?

"Uh yeah I'll um...KEEP THE ORDER! Deliver it, but I'll hide like a coward until you're three blocks away, thanks." Just kidding. That's a horrible idea.

I responded with a simple "yes," and it was over with. All of my memories with him...remain moments left inside my phone.

Enough drama! I knew what I had to do. It would be the biggest risk I was willing to take. I was going to push on...I was going to get Pizza Dad- I MEAN- their number, whomever this person was.

My phone then vibrated, and I picked it up like anyone would, but then surprise hit me like a brick wall.

"you're pretty funny"

OMG I'M FANGIRLING! I'll be damned if I develop an attraction to this now not-one-sided-relationship.

"well dont mind if i do
may i ask for your number, fine papa?"

"hell no.
in all honesty, my coworkers get a kick out of you, so your best bet is hooking up with one of them"

A leisurely activity once again, turned into something huge. A guy like me can't catch a break, I guess. I mean I practically say hello to someone and they're fawning all over me.

"thats funny"

"i know. that makes two of us
anyways, youre going to get a cold pizza if you dont stop texting me"

"fair enough"

With that, I ended the conversation. I decided I'd just wait for the pizza and stop bothering this guy.

...

ding dong
BEEP
boooooop
vroom vroom
whatever indicates that it has arrived lol

I waited a second to open the door to avoid whomever was delivering. That would just be weird, whether they know what I'm doing or not.

When I opened the door, lo and behold, they were there.

Great.

POV SWITCH:

Oh no he's hot.

Stupid stupid, don't just stand there!

"...You know I wasn't going to leave. Maybe I deserve a tip for all the hard work I've done," I don't know if being sassy was concealing my nervousness.

Oh my God, what if this is the wrong person?

Before I could ask for the guy's name he said, "Thanks. I'll just um...take that."

At that point, I realized that I had been holding the box for 30 seconds while staring at him, and I started to turn red.

"Y/N," he muttered while glancing at my name tag.

"Yeah?" I needed to calm the heck down. HE'S JUST A RANDOM PERSON. I mean, it doesn't sound like he knows who I am.

"Thanks again," he handed me a $15 tip.

I gave him the box, said thanks for the tip, and sprinted out the door. My phone lit up in my pocket once I got in the car. Pulling it out, I saw a message saying, "too bad i didnt see you" Oh my God. This guy is either stupid or playing with me.

...

"Did you really give him your number?"

"He sounds very gay."

"BAHAHAHA! No."

"Girl, that's Y/N's man, not yours."

I let everyone talk amongst themselves as they tried to visualize my visit with the Jake. I didn't engage in much conversation, though. Work was tiring me.

"Y/N?" Sana was waving her hand in front of my face.

"Huh, what?"

"You, um, have to go to the back," she said quietly.

AN: i dont have much to say
um
like and subscribe
also dont mind the random shifts between past and present 😃