Chapter 5: Double Date

Y/N's POV:

peepee sana
10:34 AM

y/n.
we're going on a double date today
idc what u say

since when did you get a date
since when did i get a date???

oh we both have one alright
i call this a blind-ish date

mhm 🤨

im bringing tzuyu and ypure brining jake 😇

oh great
even if i say yes, who knows if jake or this tzuyu will even accept

be ready by 5
were going ice skating 😘😘😘

...

Well, that wasn't how I was planning to spend my weekend off. I didn't feel very cute or social when I woke up today, and I really just wanted to lay in bed all day if I could.

I stood in front of the mirror, examining my face. My hair didn't look too bad, I thought. I did have dark circles though.

Wait...I am NOT concerned with how I look!

Sana calling a this a double date was freaking me out. I don't know Jake that well, or Tzuyu at all for that matter. Plus, I was just so incredibly tired.

Instead of moping and wasting time, I decided to go ahead and invite Jake to our "date." Hopefully he felt the same as I did about this.

...

I had done my normal daytime activities, and got ready to go. After heavy consideration, I decided to wear a cute tank top, jeans, and a zip-up sweat shirt. I was sure that Sana would go all out with her outfit, so I might as well do the same to avoid looking out of place.

Unfortunately, the drive to the skating rink was not far away, so I had little time to spiral into a hell hole on the way. I guessed that would have to happen later. I then spotted Sana's car, parked, and walked in to see her and another girl waving at me.

"Hi Y/N! This is Tzuyu," Sana said, motioning to the girl next to her. Tzuyu was tall, with pretty hair and tanned skin. Both of them got lucky.

"Hey, Tzuyu. Nice to meet you."

"You too, Y/N."

"Alright, so now we just have to wait for Jake. I'm guessing he'll be here any minute?" Sana said, as if asking a question rather than a statement. I glanced at my phone, which had been on silent, and saw that he had texted me.

"Yeah he-," I started, but was cut off when I felt someone poke me from behind. "AH- Jake! I swear..." I turned around to see a mischievous and dashingly handso- I mean what? I MEANT that I turned around to see a cute smile with a malevolent undertone to it, which just so happened to belong to Jake.

"You didn't read my text until just now? I was waiting in the parking lot, so I wouldn't walk in and have to wait by myself," he whined.

"Hey, stop guilt tripping Y/N. C'mon let's pay for our skates!" Ah, Sana...She'll always be my savior.

We headed to the counter, got our skates, and sat down together on a bench. Tzuyu and Sana were close together, leaving Jake and I a little distanced from each other. I still had the word "date" haunting my mind, and didn't like the default feeling of worry when next to one.

I had already tied my laces, so I checked my phone to see what Jake had said earlier while waiting for us, but I was cut off yet again by him scooting next to me.

"Hey, why's my contact so borrrring? Don't tell me you're one of those people who purposefully tries to be dry to strangers," he said, leaning over my shoulder.

"Mind your business," I said with a laugh, and decided to give him what he wanted. I changed his contact from "Jake Sim" to "pizza whore." "How about this?"

Jake looked up at me, and I could see the little lines in his iris. He blinked at me once, and tilted backwards, laughing. "NO, I DIDN'T MEAN THAT!"

"It's too late, you can't take anything back! From now on, I am being open, honest, and true. This is what I think of whenever I see you," I said, trying to sound sincere.

"Y'all look like you're having a hard time," giggled Tzuyu.

"Oh no, we're perfectly fine," I smiled. "Let's go if we're ready." I stood up, signaling that I was ready.

"Pleaseee," Jake snickered to himself while walking behind me.

A/N:
we're actually kinna getting somewhere
yaaaay
im too lazy to write the skating part so ur gonna have to wait