3. Not-So-Reassuring Suggestions

Next day:

-----

"Girl... what .... you doing?!..."

"Sera?!"

"Se.. phina... expected.... better...."

"John..... he wouldn't....?"

"Come.... back... SERA!!!"

Seraphina shot out of bed immediately. 

She gasped, and quickly grabbed he bedside clock. "OH DAMN IT", she yelled, slamming it back down on the small table and sitting on her bed, grumbling. She depowered quickly, and started at her clock in annoyance.

4am. It had just turned 4am because she had unconsciously paused time again.

"Fuck this I'm going back to bed", she grumbled, and dived under the sheets again.

Ten minutes later she got out of bed, and slipping on her slippers, she dragged herself to the bathroom to brush her teeth and freshen up.

----- 

Seraphina bid Jay farewell as she exited the coffee shop. She slurped the mango drink in her hand as she walked over to the Wellston Central Park. It wasn't that far from her apartment, or from the coffee shop. Seraphina didn't need to even try pause time to get there.

A few minutes later, she arrived at the park, and she looked around, trying to find the gingerhead. She saw him near a bench, his back turned to her, and talking to a woman with short and dark blue-green hair. She had a confident stature, and wasn't much shorter than Isen.

Cecile.

Seraphina walked over to where they were standing, and she tapped on Isen's shoulder. "ACK?!!", he yelled, stumbling forward, and he whipped around to see her standing behind him, looking at him in confusion.

"O-Oh, Seraphina! You're here so early?"

"It's 9am, Isen."

"Oh yeah it is...." He laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "Oh well, now that you're here, I should let Cecile have her chat with you, ahaha..."

Seraphina couldn't help but notice his nervousness. Why does he look so jumpy?

She turned to look at Cecile. She was taller than her, and she wore a neat black suit. Her earrings seemed to glow in the early morning sunlight, and her face wore an emotionless expression.

"Hello, Seraphina. I believe you know me?", she said, extending her hand to the magenta-haired girl. Seraphina wasted no time in reaching for her hand and shaking it, a small smile dusting her face. "Yes, Cecile. It's been a while since we've talked though. How has life been?"

"It has been good so far. I've got a good gig as a reporter. But I work under Isen's agency sometimes. Which is why I'm aware of the EMBER scenario, and which is why I wanted to talk to you."

"Oh? Well, you want to provide some advice?"

"Actually, I prefer to call it a suggestion. You might not take kindly to it, so I don't wish to use such a strong word."