4.0. Meeting John Doe (Part 1)

-----

Seraphina couldn't really sleep the last night.

She kept twisting and turning in her bed, trying to sleep, but her anxiety wasn't having it. She'd finally managed to go to sleep around 2am, so when she woke up with her ability active and the clock showing the time as 5:48am, she didn't really bother depowering.

I don't want to wake up...

She felt a familiar memory flash across her mind, and then Cecile's advice, and groaning, she dragged herself out of bed yet again.

Another new day, another new adventure, I guess.

Today's going to be different though.

Yawning, she grabbed the bottle of water by her bedside and took a sip. And then she walked off to the bathroom to start her daily routine.

-----

"Seraphina."

Seraphina sighed as she heard Arlo run up to her, his stern look locked onto her. He cleared his throat as he started to speak. "You seem to be pretty quiet today."

"Yeah, I am. What about it?"

The blonde man sighed. "Look, I know you didn't want to drag John into this, but did you have a choice? You won't accept help, and who knows what would've happened on the Rowden trip if John hadn't figured anything out?"

Silence followed. 

"Nothing I guess. Just the usual."

"WHAT??"

She stopped in her tracks, and turned to look at him. "Look Arlo, I appreciate the advice and all, but the last thing I wanted was to drag John into a tight spot with a dangerous organisation. He's been through so much! I'm not putting him in danger again."

"You care about him a lot it seems", he said. "You care about him a lot."

"No shit sherlock, he's my best friend."

"Oh really? Just a best friend?"

The magenta haired girl shot him a glare. "What are you implying? Yes Arlo, people care about their best friends, quite a foreign concept for a certain Ex-King."

"You're never going to let it go, it seems. But my point still stands."

"What is your point?"

Arlo took in a deep breath. 

"Seraphina, have you perhaps... grown a crush on him?"

He earned a look that was both confused and annoyed. "What crush, and on who?"

"On John."

She grew quiet again, then she turned around, hiding her face from him. "No I don't. He's just a friend."

But Arlo could see the slight blush dusting her cheeks.

"I was right."

Seraphina sighed. "Okay, so what if I do? It's not like I'm going to tell him anyway."

"Why not?"

"... Because I don't want to ruin what we have now. I want to keep this relationship the way it is. I don't want to...."