5. An Attempt At Living Together

-----

Isen sighed as he stapled the last bunch of sheets together. He threw them over to the other side of the desk, and yawned loudly, leaning back onto his chair.

"Finally! The last of those damned reports is over!"

He flopped his arms over the armrests on either side of him as he turned to look at the map on the wall he was facing.

This place is so lonely without Cecile.

A ping was heard from his right side, and he turned to the source of the noise. He jolted up as he saw the name "Seraphina" briefly flash on the screen of his phone, and immediately picked it up.

-------------- 5:23pm, "Seraphina"

Met John, and he agreed to come along

wait he agreed?
huh, I thought he'd put up more of a fight lol

Well technically... he kinda did?
He finally agreed tho
The warden (her name's Rena Flora) said that if we do manage to find them she'll make his remaining sentence 1 year

megapog
except how did the warden know about those guys?
that's sus

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
atleast John's back, he's mad at me but he's back
Now I gtg, bye

bye :D

--------------

The text exchange left Isen confused.

How did the warden know? Maybe Seraphina's got more connections than I thought.

"Boo."

Isen gave a high-pitched screech as he leapt out of his seat, dropping his phone back onto the table. His eyes glowed a bright red and his hands tightened into fists. He was about to punch the source of the voice when he saw familiar-looking light brown hair and bright green eyes pop into view.

"Oh my god Terrence, stop giving me heart attacks."

The young man laughed. "Not gonna. Mainly because seeing you get all jumpy is hilarious."

"Dammit."

His gaze fell on the open screen of the phone, and he stepped closer to read the messages. "Looks like I didn't need to tell you about her successful attempt."

Isen chuckled. "Nope. Looks like she managed it somehow."

"Yeah. That's Seraphina for you." Terrence took off his coat. "To be honest? I was rooting for her to get John out. He's a powerful fighter. EMBER would be sorry to mess with him like last time."

Isen sighed. "I know. But the fact that the warden didn't seem bothered to let him out..."

"The warden?"

"Seraphina said her name's Rena Flora."

"Hmm... I don't really know her that well."

Isen looked at him, confused. "But weren't you surveying that area? How'd you not know her?"

The brunette shrugged. "She's pretty secretive. Always doublechecks the surrounding area before she settles down for her calls or anything. She even has motion and heat sensors around her office!"