A New Day

As sunlight beams through the cracks of my curtain onto my face I begin to slowly open my eyes. "Oh god it's morning already?"

I look at the time. 10:30 am. I stare at the clock in silence for a moment before gasping and realizing "OH MY GOD IM LATE!" I quickly scramble out of bed, get dressed and grab my things and head downstairs.

"Mija you're finally awake? Don't you have work today?" asked papa. "I DO-, I JUST WOKE UP LATE!!" I yell as I run around the house gathering things I need to bring then quickly head to the door.

"Not even gonna stay for breakfast?" papa looked at me, "I'm sorry I can't, I have no time. Tell Mateo and Marisa I said hi though, bye love you papa!" "love you too mija."

I head to the shed and grab my bike and put on my backpack. I wanted to say hello and a goodbye to my siblings before I had left but there was just no time, feeling a little bad I sigh and get on my bike.

I make my way to the plaza market to my first stop, the fisherman's store. I stand my bike up and head inside.

"Hi mr. Feliciano!" I say walking in with a smile. "You are an hour late Y/N" his face is stern but not angry, maybe disappointed. "I know I'm really sorry, I woke up late. I had a long night" I anxiously say.

"It's fine but please don't be coming in late everyday, I don't want any customers complaining." He tossed me the freshly caught fish sealed in a bag. "You tell them you're very sorry for the dilemma and that something had happened on the way and that it WILL NOT happen again" he stared me dead in the eye.

"Y-Yes mr. Feliciano" I gulp and grab the fish and head out. After packing the fish into my backpack I start to head to my second destination, the vegetable market run by my mother.

I stop and stand my bike before getting off and heading to the market. "Heyyy mamá.." I say quietly walking towards her. "MIJA WHY ARE YOU LATE!?" she seemed furious.

"I can explain! I just woke up late I'm really sorry. I'll apologize to the customers and you all. It won't happen again I promise!" I plead. "You need to get yourself together Y/N you might get fired! You know we can't afford that right now. And it's best you start with s good impression here since we're new, they might start to think you're lazy!"

"yes mamá, I understand." She hands me the bag of vegetables which I pack into my backpack and then u start to head out. Those words hurt me a little but I understand where she's coming from. We're new, we can't afford a bad impression! We don't have a lot right now so me and my family are trying our best to provide for each other.

As I hop onto my bike I think to myself, I might as well deliver these items before heading to my next store for pickup, that way at least they'll get it quicker. As if i'm not already late haha.

I make way to my neighbour Elena's house and park my bike on the side. "I can do this" I softly said to myself while letting out a sigh. I approached the door and knocked. It opened. "Hi Elena!" I happily say while holding out the bagged fish. "Oh Y/N what a surprise! You seem to be a bit late though?" she looked at me in a concerned way "did something happen?"

"NO! I-I mean nothing to worry about!" I look away as he takes the fish. "Well if you say so dear, if you ever need anything i'm always here. Don't over work yourself." "I won't don't worry! Have a nice day Elena!" I say while waving to her as I leave.

Hopping onto my bike again I figured I'll just head to the next pickup store because it's on the way to the next house anyway. The thread store.

I arrive and don't even bother to stand my bike since I'm such in a rush and walk into the store. "Hello mrs. Guerrero" I sheepishly said. "Y/N you're back ?" she looked confused. "What do you mean back? I was late this morning and haven't picked up the items yet."

"Mija you came earlier I'm sure" she insisted. Confused I think to myself for a moment till my thoughts get interrupted by her. "Hold on. You really didn't come earlier?" she asked once more.

"I swear I didn't mrs. Guerrero!" she looked angry. "I believe you dear. It was that boy!" "what boy?.." "The Madrigal shapeshifter!" I wasn't too familiar with the Madrigals yet besides knowing they each have some sort of power that they call a gift.

"My next delivery is to the Madrigals home anyway. I will have a word with him mrs. Guerrero" I angrily say as I leave and hop onto my bike faster than usual.

I finally made it to the Madrigals home and got of my bike and headed to the door. I stood there for a moment breathing heavily, I get nervous talking to people I haven't talked to before and I didn't know how to be angry.

I took a few deep breaths. "It'll be fine. I'll know and explain what he's doing is wrong and he will understand and I'll leave" I quietly said to myself. Bringing up all my courage I knock on the door.

Knock, Knock, Knock

Someone opens the door.