The Unexpected

Camilo, Mirabel and I stepped outside to grab supplies for Antonio's gift ceremony. "My moms kinda freaked right now, she said she wants everything to be perfect" Camilo said as he leaned against the wall eating an arepa. "Perfect huh? Seems like I'm doing all the work" Mirabel rolled her eyes as she grabbed the basket from the man, "Thank you" Mirabel smiled. "You're welcome, I made it extra special! I call it the un special special, you know cause you have no gift" Mirabel's smile faded into an unimpressed grin, "thanks..." Camilo bursted out laughing while I was shocked but also laughing "I can't believe he would actually say that Mira" I laugh out.

She rolled her eyes at the both of us and stuck her tongue out, "you're surprised! imagine how I feel, I get this stuff like everyday" she brings the basket inside and we follow. Suddenly a beautiful girl with long black hair comes down from the top with vines and flowers growing "Did somebody say.. Flowers?". "Woah" I say in awe as we stop and watch. Isabela, they say in awe as she makes her way down, "Oh please don't clap haha really" her voice sounds angelic. "Mirabel, a little sisterly advice; maybe you wouldn't be in the way if you stopped trying so hard" she flipped her hair.

"Actually Isabela this is actually called HELPING-" Mirabel was cutoff as he walked into a support beam with flower growing on it. "Bleh" she spat out the flowers in her mouth groaning. "Mirabel maybe you should just take a break, go have a nap" I suggested and Camilo agreed "you look really worked out" Camilo and I guided her to her room. "Maybe I should just have a break" Mirabel sighed as we walked into her room sitting her down on the bed. "Okay just rest here and let us know if you need anything" Camilo said and we both smiled and left closing the door behind us.

"Hey Y/N" he nudged me, "Yes Camilo?" "I actually wanna show you something" my eyes widened in excitement "Really?!" He smiled and shook his head "It's a surprise though so close your eyes" he placed his hand on my face covering my eyes. "Okay" I nervously said as we started walking, the air felt cold and the sound of water from afar started getting closer. Soon enough we stopped moving, the sound of water was close and loud, "We're here Mariposa" he removed his hands from my eyes and I opened them. My eyes widened and I was filled with happiness "Camilo this is amazing!" It was a beautiful lake with a small waterfall, and rocks in the middle of the lake shaped as a heart.

"Haha you know me, I always know where the best spots are" he faced me putting a strand of my hair behind my ear. I blushed from the sudden physical touch and he noticed and chuckled. "I actually wanted to ask you something in private" he got closer to you and blushed. "What is it?" I was nervous on how close he was to me, how our faces were so close yet not touching. "I don't know if this is too early for you but I really like you. I was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend..?" He smiled and my face got redder, the both of us blushing. I placed both my hands on his face and pulled him in, my lips slowly touching his. Kissing for what felt like a decade but felt so magical, finally we stop to get a breath.

"So is that a yes" he laughed and I nudged him. "Yes it's a yes" I smiled and pulled him in for another kiss, soon enough it felt like we were floating. A bright light surrounds us and he suddenly stops kissing me. I open my eyes in confusion and realized we're actually floating. "OH MY GOD CAMILO" I gripped onto him afraid we would fall "Y/N WHAT IS GOING ON" a panic look covered his face. I had no idea what was going on either. I grab his hand but he yelps "Y/N HOW DID YOU DO THAT??" I look at myself. IM CAMILO. I try and I'm able to shape-shift into other people, still in shock I change back to myself and we fall to the ground no longer floating. "What the fuck was that Y/N" Camilo was horrified and so was I. "I-I don't know Camilo that's never happened before" I reach to hold his hand "I'm scared" I look at him in eyes.

"It's okay, we'll figure out what happened. I'm here with you" he kissed me on the forehead and squeezed my hand a little tighter. "Let's head back okay" I nod my head and we start walking back. "Can we not tell anyone yet Camilo" "of course, we'll figure it out okay." He kisses my cheek not noticing Mirabel approach us, her eyes were wide "Uh what did I miss" she fumbled with her hands. Camilo embarrassed turned pink and scratched his head "how long were you there..?" "Long enough to question what I saw" her eyes darted to me. "Y/N are you and Camilo like.. a thing" I blushed "..yes." "Okay you know what I'm not surprised, you guys have been acting weird the whole time" she rolled her eyes. "Just never mind, let's go in we need to prepare for the gift ceremony soon" she says as she walks inside while we follow.