Chapter 2: Akemi

Days, months, and years passed, and I was always next to my mother.I worked partly to cover the expenses, and the money in my mother's bank account helped us live. I was satisfied with that, although sometimes I was comparing myself to other girls who didn't have to work because their parents covered their expenses, but I promised myself that I would achieve it myself.

As for my father, he disappeared completely and we didn't hear anything about him after what happened. My mother's condition was deteriorating. If I didn't force her to eat, she wouldn't have eaten at all. In high school the other students were bullying me by calling me "Hiru musume "and a rumor spread that I was observing girls in a lustful way in the changing rooms and maybe that rumor was true but I didn't care much about what they were saying about me.

I had only one friend named Hinata she was protective,energetic and naive, Hinata was always defending me against the bullying students who hated me because my disgust from boys was visible on my face but, I had my reasons boys always talk shit about girls, they are rude and the reason of insecurity for girls, Fubiki -san she was my classmate who went to the hospital because of eating disorder ,cause she was trying to lose weight to impress her crush who always had some stupid comments about her body ,she deprived herself of food for 3 days, and ended up in hospital .
Despite the bullying and my mother's condition I had good marks in every subject and after graduation I wanted to study economy and open my own small business but what wasn't considered is what happened .

Time passed quickly and the day of graduation finally came .It is known in Japan to celebrate the graduation ceremony, called Sotsugyo Shiki, in late March. Where The principal presented the students their diplomas, followed by a number of speeches from the principal, other teachers and younger students, which all spoke of their memories of the graduating students. The graduates then also present messages to their teachers, parents and other students.

My mother didn't attend my graduation ceremonies because she was ill of course. I ran out with joy on my face to show my mother my graduation certificate. I entered the house to see my mother and for the first time sitting near the window, not the bed. I hugged her and showed her my diploma. She smiled for the first time!!, my mother smiled for the first time!!! , I couldn't believe that , then she said in a warm voice "My dear daughter, this is my dear daughter." She smiled and spoke to me!!
I was shocked and my eyes filled with tears of joy. I said, "okasan.. " in a fragile voice then I burst into tears, I was like a dormant volcano for years. That erupted in a moment with tears.She stroked my hair and said, "I'm sorry I wasn't with you at the times you needed me Akimi-chan ".Then she closed her eyes and the smile was still drawn on her face.That seemed to me as calm as a sleeping little child.
But was she really asleep ?