𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

008—Master of Mischief

[First Name] stood frozen in her place, overwhelmed with confusion because of what she had just heard. "What...? Why?" she barely uttered, tilting her head a bit and furrowing her eyebrows, she looked completely lost. Lan Xichen cleared his throat awkwardly, he seemed to be bewildered as well but he continued explaining. "I also didn't know until an elder informed me. It was the uncle who gave you permission, if you want to ask why, then it's best to wait for him until he comes back."

[First Name] frowned, crossing her arms as she started to think deeper. She was just given permission to freely walk around the sect. Including the male cultivators' area. There has never been an exception in the past. Both male and female cultivators were forbidden to interact with each other and were not allowed to step into each other's area. [First Name] has been following that rule too ever since she started learning cultivation. It's not like she was curious about the male disciples anyway so she never really broke that rule intentionally.

Intentionally, yes, she never broke the rule. But unintentionally, no. Just a few weeks ago, she accidentally wandered into their area. She paused for a moment and her lips curled up slightly, she met Jiang Cheng for the first time back then.

[First Name] realized she was spacing out in front of Lan Xichen so she then gently shook her head and sighed, "What am I  even supposed to do with this consent..." she muttered.

As she was pondering about that, she suddenly heard loud noises, crying, and pleads. She stopped for a moment and looked around then finally stopped her gaze at the Ancestral Hall. Lan Xichen seems to be looking at the old but tidy building as well. She looked at him curiously but there was no hint of worry or concern. "Hm? What's that noise? Is someone being punished?" she nonchalantly asked her older cousin.

Lan Xichen briefly looked at her and awkwardly laughed, "Ah... About that... The disciples from the other sects were... having a bit of fun. They ended up breaking a lot of rules last night. Even Wangji was caught up. The main instigator, along with Wangji is inside right now, being punished." Her eyes widened in disbelief and glanced at the Ancestral Hall once again, "Wangji-xiong?" and then she paused.

"Disciples from other sects...?" she mumbled, her eyes seemed to darken and Lan Xichen caught sight of that and hurriedly reassured her. "Don't worry, it's not young master Jiang, it's the head disciple of their sect though." she looked at him, "I... wasn't worried?" Seeing her appearing to be lost and confused, Lan Xichen only lightly laughed and didn't say anymore. 

[First Name] cleared her throat and asked, "Wei Wuxian? Just what did they-" her eyebrows furrowed uncomfortably as she heard his screams in pain again. "How many times were those two got hit already?"

Lan Xichen sighed, "... They'll be receiving about a hundred strikes in total."

She couldn't help but wince, she wasn't feeling any pain but she accidentally imagined it. "A hundred? Even Wangji-xiong? Just what rules did they break to end up with that brutal punishment..." she sighed as well and shook her head. "Young Master Wei brought a few jars of liquor, broke the curfew, and went out of the Cloud Recesses. They gambled, drank liquors, and... viewed indecent books in a single night. When Wangji came to take Young Master Wei to the ancestral hall earlier, the other disciples were all in a mess and drunk."

"What about Wangji-xiong? His whole life, he had never broken any rules."

"He caught Young Master Wei entering Cloud Recesses past curfew, with jars of liquors in his hands. They ended up exchanging a few blows and in the end, Young Master Wei caught him off guard and got Wangji outside Cloud Recesses as well."