𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

019—[Sword Name]

"Silence all of you, don't talk!"

Instantly, everyone's attention turned to the Wen Sect cultivator who stood in front of the tall platform, facing everyone with an arrogant expression. There was a pair of 'lovers' that arrived on top of the platform and sat on the chair in the middle. The man was the youngest son of Wen Sect, Wen Chao. Sitting on top of the platform, Wen Chao looked down at everyone. With a pleased expression, he then waved his hand, "From now on, one by one, hand over your swords!"

Feeling aware of what they wanted to do, [First Name] placed a hand on top of her sword's hilt and coldly placed her gaze upon that cultivator who ordered everyone to gather information before the tall platform. The voice, the energy he gives off, it all felt familiar. She suspiciously narrowed her eyes but she kept silent.

The group of disciples started murmuring in silence and one decided to speak up, "Sword should always accompany this who cultivate. Why do you want us to hand over our swords?" Everyone was thinking the same but they couldn't bring themself to say it out loud. So they silently applauded that someone's courage. But when Wen Chao ordered, "Who was the one who spoke? From which sect? Stand forward on your own!" Nobody came forward, obviously, that person was too afraid to speak.

The crowd of disciples finally quieted and Wen Chao was satisfied. He then went and 'disciplined' everyone with a long and unreasonable speech. But [First Name] paid him no mind and glanced at Lan Wangji. His eyes were narrowed and he was clenching his hands into a tight fist.

"... Wangji-xiong."

He looked at her and shook his head. He didn't have to say it out loud. If he was perfectly fine, he would've at least voiced out some reasonable complaints. But unfortunately, he isn't. He unstrapped his sword and prepared to give it later.

When the same cultivator who yelled earlier came over to both of them, [First Name] uneasily looked at her own sword and handed it to him.

However, the moment he received it, he furrowed his eyebrows and coldly glared at her, "Why is your sword so light? Are you trying to deceive us?!" She didn't dare to look away from that arrogantly cold gaze and explained calmly, "No... There is only a hilt and a sheath. I can't use my blade so there is none." But as if he didn't believe her, the cultivator suddenly unsheathed [Sword Name]. And just as she had said, there was no blade inside. It's completely empty.

"Hah, a sword only for a show then? What's the use of bringing something like this with you every day when it's so useless anyway?" he sheathed it and turned around to go back. But he still stole a glance at her with a mocking sneer, "No wonder why you were so weak back then"

[First Name] coldly stared at his back but she didn't say anything. '... The cultivator attacked me behind my back and I passed out before I could make out some faces but... Hah, no wonder why your spiritual energy feels familiar... So it's you.' She swore. If one day, she gets a chance then she'll be the one to-

A vibrant red liquid slips into the corner of her lips. A raw and sweet taste stopped her from her thoughts. She chuckled, "... Bastards."

Lan Wangji stared at her, eyebrows furrowing. His expression was cold and he felt unusually angrier today. He took a white handkerchief from his sleeves and passed it to her silently. But [First Name] stared at it for a moment before taking it. She softly laughed while wiping the blood off her lips. "Thank you, Wangji-xiong. I told him that there was no blade inside but he really had to unsheath it. But it was only a few seconds so it's fine."

He narrowed his eyes dangerously and with a strict tone, he scolded, "Your life was in danger, how can it be fine?"

[First Name] could only awkwardly laugh. She didn't really know how to reply to that.