02. who is dodge mason?

REESE WAS the type who didn't think before she jumped, she never saw a reason

REESE WAS the type who didn't think before she jumped, she never saw a reason. she lived for the risk, the edge, the feeling you get before you're about to do something so dangerous. it was calm, and familiar to her.

reeses best friend, greyson, was different. he thought before he jumped. in fact, he thought of every little movement he did before. he had the high anxiety.

greyson and her agreed before the end of the school year that is was stupid, no reason to play it. then something changed in reese, and she wanted to play it. and win.

when she told greyson this he lost it, they got into a fight. it ended terribly, it was now going on two weeks and the pair was still not taking.

the first challenge was last night, and greyson was the first person reese wanted to tell all about it.

reese knew her best friend cared about her, all he wanted to do was protect her.

fast forward to now, reese sat in her best friends driveway as he sat in the passenger seat. an awkward silence fell upon the two, both knew how the other person felt...but no one wanted to say anything.

"i'm sorry" reese finally spoke up "i understand we had a deal and i broke that deal." she paused "i can't give you a reason to why i'm playing, but i promise i'm being safe." reese said looking over at greyson, who didn't make eye contact with her.

"if anything happens to me..i'll back out."

greyson leaned over the seat, and hugged reese. "i believe you." he said as he kissed the top of her head.

"as long as you're okay." he paused "just know i will be watching every challenge now...partially for support, other half waiting for you to mess up" greyson spoke, reese laughed at his comment and shook her head.

she had gotten her best friend back.

———————-🤍————————

after greyson and reese had their moment, they both decided they could eat and decided to go to the dinner, where they were greeted by heather, natalie, and bishop.

"holy crap, am i seeing this right?" nat said, as reese and greyson walked in..causing everyone in the dinner to look at them.

even the person behind the counter, who happened to be dodge mason.

"no, i still can't stand her." greyson said as he walked up to the three, sitting down beside them. reese rolled her eyes and sat down beside greyson

the five talked, about panic, and about how reese and greyson were back. the golden duo.

"nat you're staring" bishop said, causing all the attention to go to natalie. you could see natalie cheeks turn a light shade of pink, reese followed her gaze which landed on dodge.