07. shut up, idiot!!

ALL THE OTHER PLAYERS, had gone now, this left dodge mason and reese miller.

dodge went first as always, and by the sounds of it..he's moving on. before walking away he muttered a small good luck to reese.

now, reese would of thought nothing of this little interaction..if she didn't know he liked her...but now, with this new information about his feelings, reese took every comment made by him serious.

"reese, you're up." diggins voice called out. everyone had returned back to the car. reese took a deep breath in before walking to the bridge.

the girl was doing so good, which surprised her. she almost made it all the way before she lost her balance and almost fell.

this caused diggins to gasp. diggins and reese were next door neighbors. they grew up together...though they rarely talk now..he still wanted to make sure nothing happened to the girl.

"dig, i need your help." reese said, diggins gave her a hint right away.

the girl knew that this meant diggins could ask her any question he wanted to now...so when she was done, and she was cleared to pass..diggins hit record and started asking her questions.

"reese you're getting awfully close to dodge mason. is there anything you can share about him?" diggins asked, reese held her breath for a minute.

of course she was going to be asked about dodge, and of course it had to be right after she found out about his feelings.

so reese did what she did best, she rambled.

she was done now and walking back to the van, she sat down right next to dodge.

"how did you do?" he asked in a whisper, reese shrugged. "i'm moving on." she said as she looked over at dodge, who smiled back at her.

"i knew you could do it." dodge said, slience now fell between the two. dodge was dozing off, but while reese got trapped in her own thoughts.

all she could think about was the video, and what she said about dodge mason.

                ———————-🤍————————
it was the next morning, and reese found herself on the couch of her own house sitting across from her father.

since panic started, reese didn't spend time with her dad. which he found suspicious sometimes, but other times he blamed it on summer.

reese was going to meet up with greyson and dodge today, but her dad stopped her. he said he wanted to spend some time with her. so now the two were sitting in the living room, light music playing in the background, and just talking.